LegacyGT.com

2010 3.6r Coilovers

Im looking for coilovers. Im willing to spend around 1k. Someone with the same year and model as me is on $600 cxracing coilovers and says it rides about the same as stock. Im looking for more options. I just want to close wheel gap. thank you in advance.

Hey, I have them on my 2013 Outback 3.6. They ride very well, more like a factory sport tuned suspension than coils. Not harsh at all. I wasnt expecting them to ride as well as they do.

I did a lot of research into them and a lot of people over in the Lexus IS crowd enjoy them. Yes they are a budget set up and yes $1k coils or $2k coils would be better but everyone has their own needs.

If I did new struts and springs it wouldve been the same price but without the adjustability.

http://i.imgur.com/YYmkHNr.jpg

This shouldn't have this effect on me, but absolutely infuriates me. I purposely avoided the coilover route because of the ride on my last car with them and was just looking for a more mild drop this time and went with lower springs and stock struts to maintain the stock ride. Now here I am with a much harsher ride than I'd hoped for and people talking about how similar their coilovers that they got for $600(?!?!) are to stock feel. The aggravation I endured installing those goddamn things when I could've just tossed some coilovers in...

https://www.cxracing.com/index.php?route=product/compare

Anyone know what the difference between these 2 are? One is pillowball while the other isnt? Not a huge difference in price.

Right, one is pillowball with camber plates and the other has neither

They released the ones with pillowball and camber plates soon after I ordered and installed mine that dont have that.

What you posted is why I went with coils (I feel your pain though, I've had similar things happen in the past), even if they were harsh atleast they had some adjustability.

They ride about as stiff as my previous 2018 WRX with stock suspension, even though the spring rates are bit more than the 2018, I'm guessing the weight of a wagon and actual shocks have a lot to do with the ride too. They ride way better than my 2013 WRX with lowering springs, this was harsh on bad roads (LI, NY) and a little bouncy at times.

After owning a set of Raceland coilovers on my previous daily, I'll never go with a budget set ever gain. The rear sway bar tabs completely ripped off both of the rears within a month and I had to get them replaced under warranty. They were all completely shot in a little over 2 years because the shafts corroded like I've never seen on any strut/coilover and chewed up the seals, causing them to leak. Replaced them with a set of BC Racing BR that were still in perfect (functional) shape 6 years later when I got rid of the car.

Hey, I have them on my 2013 Outback 3.6. They ride very well, more like a factory sport tuned suspension than coils. Not harsh at all. I wasnt expecting them to ride as well as they do.

Hi. I have a totally stock suspension on my car. Do I need to replace any other parts from it if I decide to go with these CX Racing coilovers. Some rear arms or any other part?

I am more oriented on improving the ride feeling, since I am not happy with the stock suspension much, rather than dropping significantly the car down. Probably, there will be a drop of 1-1,5”, but just a little bit for entirely esthetics reasons. In that case, should I consider that the adjustment rear control arms are 100% necessary or they can be avoided?

can't really say whether you'll still be in spec once you do the work...depends on your car personally, the suspension wear etc etc etc.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/suspension-upgrade-282004p4.html

https://www.carparts.com/control-arm/truedrive/set-rs28150005-2?&vehicle[cylinders]=4&vehicle[liter]=2%2E5&vehicle[submodel]=2-dot-5GT&vehicle[model]=Legacy&vehicle[make]=Subaru&vehicle[year]=2010

you can check that thread and see that that set linked is the same as more expensive sets, just without the branding. they're out of stock currently but come back in and out pretty regularly, and it's $50 for a set. for that price, if you're doing the work anyways, it's not much extra investment to just slap em in and make sure you're good.