LegacyGT.com

2.5i clutch life

How long has your clutch lasted?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How long has your clutch lasted?

Hey yall, wondering how long the 2.5 N/A crew has gone on their stock clutch before needing replacing (including the TOB dying early). Trying to plan out long term w/ maintenance and mods, and figured other owners would benefit from this. There is a general post similar to this in other sub-forums, but I feel our powertrain is unique enough to get its own data set.

I bought my '06 Baja (basically the same drivetrain) with 173k miles and basically no clutch left. I'm guessing that was mostly highway miles, though. Conventional wisdom says that you should be able to get 100k out of a clutch, which seems fairly reasonable.

Don't wast money on an upgrade here, the stock exedy replacement is all that is needed. The n/a engine would need a whole lot of help to get over the 350 lbft torque limit on the stocker. If you want to upgrade something go with the damper delete and shifter upgrades.

Thanks for the input so far everyone!

Don't wast money on an upgrade here, the stock exedy replacement is all that is needed. The n/a engine would need a whole lot of help to get over the 350 lbft torque limit on the stocker. If you want to upgrade something go with the damper delete and shifter upgrades.

Agreed, more interested in planning for maintenance and upgrades that could benefit from the labor already being done, ex. LW flywheel.

rural life, and commutes without lots of traffic lights and crawling traffic,

lets you crank up the miles. (130,000-175,000 miles )

but I know there are people out there, that "need" their manual even in the heart of a daily 2 hour traffic jam.

mUi2iZ4yJOiC3IsFPIq3Dfc9kyf5h4DDUplwJuHiiZn-qgXunrFMwV7iSxpexfyE7_Huhn5MGngf9AldvIgj2VUyeys=w506-h380-n

rural life, and commutes without lots of traffic lights and crawling traffic,

lets you crank up the miles. (130,000-175,000 miles )

but I know there are people out there, that "need" their manual even in the heart of a daily 2 hour traffic jam.

Img snip...

If driving a manual or automatic brings you enjoyment, why should I judge.

2010 Legacy GT and i live in a hilly area with an incline driveway. i was reasonably good MT driver but my clutch only lasted about 70,000 miles and was in bad shape when i replaced it. i think if i wasn't in a town with such steep hills and also live on a steep street it easily could have gone well above 100,000. i also should have used hill assist but never liked how it felt.

09 2.5i 5MT

In daily - hilly, stop-go traffic around Baltimore a couple years, then San Diego/LA a few years.

Owned from brand new, and at 80K miles - throw out bearing was completely shot, clutch disk was only half worn.

Coincidentally the rear-main seal was starting to seep oil, so I had them change it when they did the clutch. Only cost an extra 40 bucks at that point in time.

Archived