LegacyGT.com

2005 xt lean at idle

A/f bounces from roughly 15.2 to 15.8 at idle when warm. Sticks right around 14.7 when driving normal. No cel for running lean. Did replace my rod knock sensor recently so I was thinking a lose hose somewhere. Checked all my connections to the best of my ability with no luck. Tried carb cleaner around manifold, bov etc. Not sure if it's a air leak now or not. Any ideas?

A/f bounces from roughly 15.2 to 15.8 at idle when warm. Sticks right around 14.7 when driving normal. No cel for running lean. Did replace my rod knock sensor recently so I was thinking a lose hose somewhere. Checked all my connections to the best of my ability with no luck. Tried carb cleaner around manifold, bov etc. Not sure if it's a air leak now or not. Any ideas?
Search "learning view" and then post your results. This will help determine if you have any leaks

Search "learning view" and then post your results. This will help determine if you have any leaks

Thanks for the reply. So I downloaded learning view v1.0 rc3. When I plugged into the car, nothing came up under port. Do I need to download anything else? Not sure what kind of cable I have either, came with the car. Complete noob.

Thanks for the reply. So I downloaded learning view v1.0 rc3. When I plugged into the car, nothing came up under port. Do I need to download anything else? Not sure what kind of cable I have either, came with the car. Complete noob.
You need to install the associated drivers for the cable or whatever you are using

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Also use the learning view tool on romraider. Its alot easier to log and see the learning view on the same application

I've downloaded Romraider now. Do I need to install ecu flash, logger, just to use the learning table values tool? Is that what you meant by associated drivers? I believe I'm using a Tactrix OpenPort cable. Thanks

I've had that issue and ended up walking back thru the versions of RR until it worked. Something in the location where it looks for definitions. In the newest version I had trouble getting it to stick, but an older one was fine.

I'll have to check which version worked for me in the end when I get home.

I've had that issue and ended up walking back thru the versions of RR until it worked. Something in the location where it looks for definitions. In the newest version I had trouble getting it to stick, but an older one was fine.

I'll have to check which version worked for me in the end when I get home.

Thanks!

You most likely have a vacuum leak somewhere. It's time for some troubleshooting.

Alright I guess it could be worse then. I've tried every connection that I could think of. Do you think doing a smoke leak test would be wise?

So I couldn't get RR to work so I used learning view v1.0 rc3. I have no idea what I'm looking at, but i'm guessing the red isn't good. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Your car is actually pulling fuel across the first 3 columns(given by the red) meaning your sensors are not picking up as much air as expected. Good sign is the car is not knocking enough anywhere to pull timing. I would also recommend looking for a leak. Cleaning the MAF and a new air filter will probably help with this also.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-vacuum-leaks-and-you-pics-inside-235626.html

The learning view you posted is not horrible and still within spec according to subaru but it depends on how long its been since an ecu reset as well.

use the link above to look for common areas for leaks but most times when the ecu is pulling fuel *negative numbers* it will be post turbo to pre throttle body, dirty sensors or just trims floating around.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Your car is actually pulling fuel across the first 3 columns(given by the red) meaning your sensors are not picking up as much air as expected. Good sign is the car is not knocking enough anywhere to pull timing. I would also recommend looking for a leak. Cleaning the MAF and a new air filter will probably help with this also.

I'll have to check the maf and filter before one last thorough look over. Don't know the last time they've been cleaned. Thanks for the feedback.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/intake-vacuum-leaks-and-you-pics-inside-235626.html

The learning view you posted is not horrible and still within spec according to subaru but it depends on how long its been since an ecu reset as well.

use the link above to look for common areas for leaks but most times when the ecu is pulling fuel *negative numbers* it will be post turbo to pre throttle body, dirty sensors or just trims floating around.

Dave

I've put on about 75 miles since I reset the ecu when I replaced the rod knock sensor fwiw. Thanks for the link.

• 1 month later...
So I finally had a smoke test done at a local shop, with no results. I was checking over the connections with a mechanic when I noticed air coming from the where the turbo and up-pipe meet. The mechanic wasn't sure if that would effect the a/f ratio or not? If so, would probably need a new gasket? aftermarket up-pipe and turbo btw.