LegacyGT.com

Someone Look at my Log Please!

Brickle

Hey guys, I was finally able to go out and pull a log tonight. I'm pretty sure I logged the right stuff. I have very little understanding of most of this stuff, but I did see some DAM adjustment and some Feedback Knock/Fine Knock Learning value changes. If someone could please go over my log and tell me how everything looks, and maybe explain what this stuff means and what I could do to fix it, it would be much appreciated. I'm fairly positive I have a failing front O2 Sensor, so that may play a role in some of the readings. The pull was in 3rd gear from around 3200rpm to near redline. I hope I logged the right things and the log holds some useful info!

Thanks so much,

Brickle

datalog2.csv

What is your mod list? Are you running the Cobb AP Stage 1 tune? That Fine Knock learn event (-4.2) is bad, and as you can see it dropped your dam down to .75, which is will cause the ECU to pull timing. On a solid set up, DAM should always remain at 1.

COBB catless UP, K&N drop in filter. COBB AP Stage 1 OTS tune for 93 Octane. Plugs and valve cover gaskets replaced at 90k. I just found out today I've been driving thousands of miles with my fuel pressure regulator vaccum line disconnected...... That probably caused a few issues. Its plugged back in now, gonna pull another log tonight after driving around to let the ECU relearn for a bit. I'll post it here!

What is your mod list? Are you running the Cobb AP Stage 1 tune? That Fine Knock learn event (-4.2) is bad, and as you can see it dropped your dam down to .75, which is will cause the ECU to pull timing. On a solid set up, DAM should always remain at 1.

Not just cause the ECU to pull timing, that -4.2 means it's already pulled 4.2deg of timing in a place where it expected knock to happen, hence the table, Fine Learned Knock. So, whatever conditions were present at that time, it's knocked there before, so, as a precaution, it's pulled timing whether there was an actual knock event or not.

FBKC is OK, in most circumstances; what you want to see is that the ECU is pulling timing and the putting it back incrementally. It really shouldn't be pulling more than 2deg, though. FLKC, though, is where it's seen knock so much before, that it's pulling timing because it has, or should have done so in the past, regardless of a knock event.

As I said in a text, check out the Cobb Tuning Support Manual -- it's got definitions of all the tables and what you should expect to see there, plus lots of helpful hints.

^^wow. I thought that was the hose that liked to pop motors when it came loose!

You should just reset the ECU after fixing that, then let it relearn.

Yeah.... I can't believe something catastrophic didn't happen. It's seriously probably been off for over 10k miles. The only time it could have come off is when I did the valve cover gaskets. Unless it just blew off while driving. Gonna zip tie that mofo.

Archived