LegacyGT.com

Need to Replace Rear Wheel Bearing

Terribly annoying sound and vibrations. Going to buy the part this week, but wasn't exactly sure of the part number. It's for the right rear side, although I've heard both sides are interchangeable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Wheel-Hub-Bearing-Assembly-5-Lug-NEW-for-05-10-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-/370862876639?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2005%7CMake%3ASubaru%7CModel%3ALegacy%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item56592667df&vxp=mtr

Is this the correct part? If so, is buying it from eBay a good idea?

Thanks,

Brickle

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bump. Anyone know if this is the part I need? Will buying this aftermarket one from ebay be a bad idea? It's certainly a lot cheaper than the OEM part. Thanks for the reply Max, I've got a friend with a nice shop that will be helping me out with the bearing. I just need the part number D:

Thanks again

It does look like it in the picture. In the thread by JMJ there is a link to some cheaper hubs that seem to work.

How hard is it to send that ebay hub back if it doesn't work ?

The Moog front I put on and found out wasn't working was easily returned to Advance Auto Parts.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm not sure if they do returns, but either way it's only 30 bucks so I'd say it's worth a try before I go spend 130 on an OEM one haha. If it looks like the right part, I'll probably pick one up and try to slap it on next week when I do my rear brake pads.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The pic is correct, they didn't give a part number, so it's hard to tell. Based on how many items they sold and their feedback, it's safe to say that it should be the correct part.

Both sides are the same, I just replaced both mine a few weeks ago.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived