You need to adjust the computer:

Go fast...ignition on

turn headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights off

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

Now you can adjust the MPG reading on the first option screen. Default is zero I set mine to -2 and its much closer.

453747.png

How do turn off that annoying seatbelt chime?! You have 30 seconds from when u turn the car on, click in the seatbelt and remove 20 times. I know it sounds like BS but it worked for me... I always wear my seatbelt, i dont need a reminder.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-lgt-seatbelt-chime-disable-124894.html?t=124894

It can also be done with the Subaru Select Tool.

SEATBELT CHIME ELIMINATION

1. Insert key into ignition. Turn to "Accessory On" position. This is the last click before you would turn the key to start the engine. Your radio and annoying seatbelt chime will be ON.

2. Within 5 seconds of turning your key to "ACC ON", take your seatbelt clip, and INSERT & RELEASE into the buckle 20 times repeatedly. Each time you INSERT the clip into the buckle, it must "click" into place. You must push the release button to remove it. Complete this 20 times within 30 seconds.

3. When you have completed the 20 clicks, turn your key off and remove it from the ignition.

4. Start your car as normal. You will notice that the seatbelt indicator chime will sound six (6) times, then go off. It will NOT come back on until the next time you start your car, and it will stay on this pattern indefinately.

5. To re-active your annoying seatbelt chime, simply unhook your positive (+) battery terminal for 30 seconds to reset the ECU.

How do turn off that annoying seatbelt chime?! You have 30 seconds from when u turn the car on, click in the seatbelt and remove 20 times. I know it sounds like BS but it worked for me... I always wear my seatbelt, i dont need a reminder.

I just unplugged mine under the rear of the seat, it is the only plug with two wires.

Jim

This is not really a trick just a tid-bit: the owners folder (holds all the books) fits perfectly in the rear door pockets. THis cleans up the glove box for other crap like extra napkins and straws :)

If you do this, remember to take out the metal tag with security numbers etched in it needed to cut replacement keys for your car... you wouldn't want the vallet guy or anyone else getting their hands on that! This was the only reason I left my folder at home (because I like to keep all my documents together).

If you do this, remember to take out the metal tag with security numbers etched in it needed to cut replacement keys for your car... you wouldn't want the vallet guy or anyone else getting their hands on that! This was the only reason I left my folder at home (because I like to keep all my documents together).

Good Idea, though interesting.... My Key ID came on my keyring and not in the folder. I keep mine with the spare key in the closet at home (shhh....) I always like to have the book close by just in case.... :)

i have a folder at home that has all of my papers and service records along with the tags taped inside the folder and also have it written down also.

Since I have a lot of car write-offs, I need to keep great records. I use the neat desk scanner... that thing is amazing, and I dont have to have the papers laying around. They can be a heck of a pile after a while. :spin: