LegacyGT.com

2011 Legacy Navigation System

Downloaded up date from one of the members, but unit will not respond to verbal commands for other then navigation. Like pair phone. Looked at OEM disk and it contained a DN File. I assume this is for the unit. I put it in with the other files in order, but the unit will not accept the DVD. Says not a map disk. It in the same order of the original. Using dual layer dvd and Nero 12, but does not seem to work. Any help appreciated!

Tell that to this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/all-things-navigation-map-updates-included-239442.html

OP, did you burn the files to the disc as files, or did you burn an .iso image to the disc? Should be able to tell easily by popping it into a computer and seeing what shows up in file explorer. Also, which version did you download? From what I can gather, the files that are meant for the nav units in the 4th-gen Legacy will give you maps in a 5th-gen (and if I had DL DVDs like I thought I did, I'd have tested that theory by now), but if those head units didn't have Bluetooth or voice commands, I wouldn't be surprised if that functionality was missing.

I downloaded the updated files , fine, burned fine with Nero. Map works fine, but voice activation for anything just say "checking disk please wait"! Files on down load include IDX folder and some other .kwi and .dat files. Original disk has a DN File folder. If I try to pair the phone or use the voice button for a command it won't work. Works if I put original disk back in.

Without having looked at the contents of either disc, maybe there's some files on the original disc that aren't on the new one? There's a pretty high chance you'd just end up burning coasters if you tried this, but maybe you can figure out which are the voice command files by eliminating the files that look to be common between the discs, and include what's left onto your burned copy.

Archived