LegacyGT.com

keeping cruise control switch with an aftermarket steering wheel?

Yes, my car has cruise control. There is aswitch to activate it on the dash under the gauges next to the rear defrost switch, and another switch that is mounted through the lower left side of the steering wheel. I'm trying to relocate the steering wheel switch. It lookseasy enough to do, just not sure where or how to mount it so I'm looking for suggestions.

You mean it comes out of the right side of the steering wheel, right? I know that sounds like I'm making a big deal out of a likely typo, but I'm curious because my wheel has the same hole on the other side, though I assume that's for RHD vehicles. Unless you have a wheel from RHD car?

You mean it comes out of the right side of the steering wheel, right? I know that sounds like I'm making a big deal out of a likely typo, but I'm curious because my wheel has the same hole on the other side, though I assume that's for RHD vehicles. Unless you have a wheel from RHD car?

The cruise control switch sticks out of the right side of the steering wheel between the top and bottom spokes. My car is LHD and is all stock as far as I know.

What brand name of steering wheel, and a pic of it.

not sure it matters, but something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330787712226?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649

but I don't need the switch on the wheel, I suppose I could just cut the wires and place it anywhere.

I don't knoe if either of these would fit, but they wouldbe sweet if they did:

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24779&p=294520#p294520

id be more worried about the 3" depth than the diameter. but i agree, its annoying when the 330s get in the way of the speedo and such. just helped a kid put a 320 in his truck, he bought it before even measuring anything. his stock is a 2" depth and the new is 3" so its closer to him than he was expecting. the diameter works well for that s-10 tho, doesnt cover the whole cluster. a bit harder to turn than before tho hehe.

Archived