LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2006 Outback 2.5 Manual all blue no two tone BS. 135.000k lowered on LGT wagon Swift springs and KYB Excel-G's along with front and rear Whiteline adjustable away bars. Wish I could get the photos to upload on here SO FRUSTRATING!! Edited by zangado1

• 2 months later...

2008 OBXT - Original owner. 140,000 easy trouble free miles until the stealerhip in Conshohocken PA got their hands on it to replace a blown out turbo and put in a new timing belt. Big mistake. I normally turn the wrenches on my cars and bikes, but I was living in an apartment building that wouldn’t allow me to do any of it In the Parking lot. Two weeks after I got the car back the bolt holding tensioner in place broke and the Belt slipped, then shredded, and let’s just say there was ‘interference’ in the valve train. Dealer said it was a bad bolt. Subaru Americ said poor workmanship by dealer. I say the tech used air to tighten it and was way over torqued. We all argued for a week or two, with me insisting on a new crate motor, SA insisting the dealer

Pay for it, and the dealer holding out for SA to pay half. Instead, the same

Tech fixed it, top end only, and they billed me $0 but I have had problem with the car ever since. I had to replace HGs 15,000 miles later and as I disassembled it became clear to me that the Dealership in Conshohocken has no oversight on the Techs and apparently no quality control. Bolts missing...torque specs ignored, One valve cover had OEM gasket with silicone in right spot, other

Had only silicon. And there was no thermostat installed.....in PA.

2020 Outback Touring XT - Ordered the Grey '20 OB XT in late August '19 with more than a dozen options. Took delivery in early '19 November. Wife & family utility wagon.

2005 Outback XT LTD 5EAT - original owner 100,000 plus miles. The OB continues to have the delivery protective blue film on door sill plates. The OB is an airport car for us; 57 miles to ATL, inside parking and 57 mi home later in the week, garaged. A constancy throughout the Outbacks life. Been running Michelin PilotSport A/S 3+ for a couple of years with great success - by success, I mean a very good 3 season tire with "good to great" rain performance.

Took a flier importing the JDM offered Bilstein BTS suspension kit. Installed at 50K mi mark or 7 years ago. Couldn't be happier with the transformative BTS suspension upgrade; A poor mans S4 kombi.

I see forum members have followed suit with the JMD BTS Kit. Yeah, pricey...

Found independent AllPro Subaru in Alpharetta, GA 30004

Great crew of dedicated Subaru tech's .. from the owner right on down to the Biff the car cleaning guy.. Great guy's. - Full Disclosure - only a customer.

Edited by M. Schneider

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

• 1 month later...

Still have my 05 OBX 5MT, and just picked up a 19 Outback 2.5i premium w/ nav. I'll likely sell the OBXT soon though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Currently in fleet:

2002 L.L. Bean H6 wagon, 129,000 miles.

2006 2.5i wagon, 93,000 miles.

Previous:

20003 Outback wagon, 167,000 miles when sold to a friend last year.

1996 Outback wagon, 115,000 miles when totaled due to head on collision.

Future:

2006 XT Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
A few months ago I did a new mod on my 2001obs. I replaced the brake pads and front rotors for the first time ! Also put in a new radiator as the original finally cracked at the top tank. All easy as all get out. Ok, well that's mods to me !