LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

Does anyone happen to have a part number for the eibach pro kit springs for a 2005-2009 bl/BP? After reading through most of the thread I want to try out a set, but all I'm able to find are for a 2010-2012 legacy

Unfortunately the Eibach / Epic springs are no longer available new. Your best bet is to browse the classifieds on this forum (I found mine new on the forum, with a set of Koni's - this summer) or check eBay. They come up pretty infrequently, so be ready to pounce when you see a set. PN is: EIB-7716.140

EDIT: I do see sets available here: http://www.t1motorsport.com/node/3911

Edited by E46erak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone happen to have a part number for the eibach pro kit springs for a 2005-2009 bl/BP? After reading through most of the thread I want to try out a set, but all I'm able to find are for a 2010-2012 legacy

10-77-005-02-22 is the part number I found on the Eibach Japan website

I have a set for sale, complete with Koni dampers and Whiteline tophats. Everything has about 7k miles on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TheMonaLisa

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately the Eibach / Epic springs are no longer available new. Your best bet is to browse the classifieds on this forum (I found mine new on the forum, with a set of Koni's - this summer) or check eBay. They come up pretty infrequently, so be ready to pounce when you see a set. PN is: EIB-7716.140

The Eibach springs for the 10-12 GT's are discontinued also. They heavily discounted the sets that are left at the factory.

• 3 weeks later...
Called T1 motorsports. Although they are listed as in stock online, they do not have any in stock. Looks like the forum hunt begins! I believe i am unable to post in the WTB section due to being a new member with low posts, so until i can remedy that if anyone on this forum is selling eibach prokit springs (springs only) i will gladly make you an offer. Thanks for all the assistance!

so just to be clear are the epic (engineering?) springs a rebranded/extremely similar version of the eibach prokit?

Thanks to all for the info in this thread (and some others on here, particularly gteaser).

Just installed the Eibach lowering springs on my 2019 legacy 3.6r without issue. Springs were listed for the 2010-2012 (5th gen) but fit fine when I installed them as previously confirmed by gteaser. Part number used was 7722.140. ~$120 shipped brand new from Eibach as they are clearing them out. I ordered over the phone using their main phone #. Good service!

install was straight forward, no issues following the factory service manual.

Wheels are off a 2013 sti, (just refinished/powdercoated) BBS forged 18x8.5" +55 with 255/45/18 michelin AS3's

spring comparison:

QVdpnLJ.jpg

fklguaD.jpg

assembled - eibach on left OEM on right:

9tjwLdQ.jpg

before:

Z8cH3J7.jpg

after:

4a4zPal.jpg

P7Dn17W.jpg

Edited by coldsoda

having a great car and aftermarket parts are getting scarce or non-existant. I wonder how different eiback WRX/STI springs really are from LGT that can still be bought 10 years later. Is it just the strut seat or what. Wagons add 200 pounds and most springs are for sedans also.

To see a comparison side-by-side we might find they are near enough to not matter for install or easily overcome. I know STI later years went well away from the same setup but the early years I dont know.

H&R springs are about the only game in town and reviews are so mixed. I dopnt want harsh but a bit stiffer is good and reducing squat/dive would be great.

having a great car and aftermarket parts are getting scarce or non-existant. I wonder how different eiback WRX/STI springs really are from LGT that can still be bought 10 years later. Is it just the strut seat or what. Wagons add 200 pounds and most springs are for sedans also.

To see a comparison side-by-side we might find they are near enough to not matter for install or easily overcome. I know STI later years went well away from the same setup but the early years I dont know.

H&R springs are about the only game in town and reviews are so mixed. I dopnt want harsh but a bit stiffer is good and reducing squat/dive would be great.

Luckily this forum has been around a long time. You just ask your question in Google with Legacy GT included in the description and get all sorts of responses:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/08-wrx-springs-lgt-05-185187.html

and here is more (although I am linking to the "other" site)

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2410323

Edited by Rhitter

cruised this and other info for a long time but a new search from your suggestion turned up Primitive Racing near Portland Oregon. Primitive seems to specialize in offroading. They have King Springs from down under for the LGT -King 1.1" Rear Lowering Springs KING-KSRL-29 & King 1" Front Lowering Springs - KING-KSFL-42. for $325. They state the fronts are progressive rate.

http://get-primitive.com/springs/517-king-lowering-springs-2005-2009-legacy-gt-wagon.html

King apparently uses a "new" metal that is strogk and lighter (30%) but still deliver the goods. Also have a specific wagon option for the GT which is bang. https://kingsprings.com.au/

• 1 month later...

I don't get the negative reviews on Konis and H&Rs.. current running that set up on '13 Sedan. Instantly went from boat feel to responsive road feel. Can be somewhat firm, but nothing jarring (never bottomed on the bump stop). One turn on the Konis all around is great. And it's the wife's DD.. and she hasn't complained (or noticed? :lol:) yet. Disclaimer: poly bushings and thicker RSB were also installed... so certainly aids the response/planted feeling.

Maybe those sentiments are for the earlier gens, pre 10-12/13-14?

Here's a thought - I love the RCE Yellows/Konis I have on my WRX. This leaves me wishing for an option for the LGT, but there's no aftermarket spring available for the LGT strut that matches the Racecomp's spring rate, to my knowledge.

Measuring out the stock LGT and WRX springs, they're within half an inch of each other. The stock WRX springs sit on the LGT spring seats just fine. Wrote RCE an email a while back, and they confirmed that the springs are very close, and was advised that they've tried something similar in the past.

Wonder if anyone on here's tried it already and just not said anything? If not, I'll be the guinea pig when I find the time. Worst case, it seems like I might need to fab up a spacer for the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea but if you got both rigs, the experimentation is in your driveway. The RCE look like a good track setup but not likely for myself. But the experiment would help others looking for options on the older LGTs.

I think I will get the Kings as they are close by and much better than my old stockers. She is getting bouncy from the shocks. This last storm makes me think a 0.5 inch spacer might be in order tho.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Well, I just found out that my left-front Epic spring in broken. The set only has 43K on them and the car has been garaged through the winter since 2015 (installed in 2012). Would anyone make some suggestions to me? Right now I'm running the Epics on Koni yellows. My speed shop is suggesting H&R Sport Springs, but some here don't seem to like this combo. Please help. Thanks.