LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

I check those 2 you mentioned but they didn’t have what I needed. Hardest plug to source was the JDM and USDM blinker plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah those blinker plugs are definitely a pain to find. I actually have 2 sets of JDM headlights and I'm short just 1 of the plugs for the turn signals. Soldered some wire to one for the time being but I think the solder failed as I was putting the light in. Once the second set of lights shows up I'll be rebuilding the harnesses but for now I just needed something temporary to get it to storage and then to the body shop.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a second, IIRC, I actually used a USDM rear brake light plug for that. Just slightly cut one of the tab, and it fits perfectly fine.

Edit: I did this because I wanted to keep using dual filament bulbs. I actually like to have the amber corner lights at night. It nicely complements the car's look at night IMHO.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Yeah it looks great!

I got some nice inexpensive and quite bright (for what they are) LEDs for the 'lil drl' lights.

See https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5854444&postcount=103

Edit: looks like your headlight lenses are darkened? If yes, then it may not be that bright after all. May want to use the crossfire mini this Russian seller has. You may already know about it.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Yeah it looks great!

I got some nice inexpensive and quite bright (for what they are) LEDs for the 'lil drl' lights.

See https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5854444&postcount=103

Wow those are much brighter than the Morimoto LEDs I got in there right now!

2005 Vader Wagon

Wow those are much brighter than the Morimoto LEDs I got in there right now!

It's not bad. But I admit if the sun is really out, blue sky and all, they don't stand out thaaaat much. I may install these below (thanks to pyro for recommending these) in the future. Although right now, I am quite pleased with what I have.

https://en.hiperlights.ru/cat/fronts/cf-mini

It's not bad. But I admit if the sun is really out, blue sky and all, they don't stand out thaaaat much. I may install these below (thanks to pyro for recommending these) in the future. Although right now, I am quite pleased with what I have.

https://en.hiperlights.ru/cat/fronts/cf-mini

He recommended the same ones to me. I didn't listen though and just ordered from TRS when I was buying other stuff at the same time. At night they look cool which is all I care about

2005 Vader Wagon

Yeah those blinker plugs are definitely a pain to find. I actually have 2 sets of JDM headlights and I'm short just 1 of the plugs for the turn signals. Soldered some wire to one for the time being but I think the solder failed as I was putting the light in. Once the second set of lights shows up I'll be rebuilding the harnesses but for now I just needed something temporary to get it to storage and then to the body shop.

Yah lots of ways to getherdone but I kinda anal so I wanted a simple PnP that wasn’t a spaghetti deal.

Yah lots of ways to getherdone but I kinda anal so I wanted a simple PnP that wasn’t a spaghetti deal.

Same. I've got another set of lights on the way that have all the plugs so I'll redo the 1 that I'm missing so that it is truly a plug and play setup and OEM in appearance.

2005 Vader Wagon

Woot. I can finally join this thread.

25uhPSal.jpg

WWrJgwBl.jpg

I can't figure out how to make high beam just high beam and not DRL and high. Currently, I have it wired so that the LED turns on once the ebrake is down and remains on until ebrake comes back up. High beam behaves like stock (low power DRL and then high beam when engaged). Any ideas please? My car is a 2008

This is my DRL:

9g3kNwgl.jpg

Edited by needforsleep

I think in order to not have the highbeams come on as DRL you have to redo wiring under the dash. I have had my high beams disabled since I got my car but since it's an 05 it was easy to just unplug the harness. I know with 08's you have to cut a wire. That's probably your best bet and then set up that white led to come on with the parking lights.

2005 Vader Wagon

just so you know it doesn't fit any of the us or jdm pre facelift bumpers. you have to do the full post front facelift.

That sucks..... I have the pre face lift jdm spec b bumper....... dang it, so hard to get the lip for this thing

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

That sucks..... I have the pre face lift jdm spec b bumper....... dang it, so hard to get the lip for this thing

It works on the Prefacelift Spec B bumper. I verified Fitment

It doesn’t fit facelift 3.0R premium, base model, Prefacelift 3.0R, or USDM bumpers.

Edited by famaya26

Best lip for the prefacelift bumper is the $90 one on eBay with the $10 STi badge stuck onto it. Looks OEM and is 100% polyurethane so if you do hit it on the ground it flexes rather than shatters.

2005 Vader Wagon

I think in order to not have the highbeams come on as DRL you have to redo wiring under the dash. I have had my high beams disabled since I got my car but since it's an 05 it was easy to just unplug the harness. I know with 08's you have to cut a wire. That's probably your best bet and then set up that white led to come on with the parking lights.

with 05-07 you have to rewire under dash and out too lamps. lots of risks in do it and pretty complicated from what was shared with me by the folks that did it. no clue about 08-09.

with 05-07 you have to rewire under dash and out too lamps. lots of risks in do it and pretty complicated from what was shared with me by the folks that did it. no clue about 08-09.
That is a way to do it, but your stock switch has 3 positions, off, parking lights, and low beams. If you wire in the "swoop" light of the facelift lights to the parking light you have control via the switch and then can then just unplug the DRL plug under the dash. Having a manual car in the event I stall it I'd rather have the ability to turn all the lights off before restarting the car in to save bulbs from the voltage surge during start.

2005 Vader Wagon