LegacyGT.com

Tire wear

Hey all im having an issue with tire wear my car is eating the rear tires. 6000 miles and they are bald. Its going in to get the alignment checked on Friday. The passenger side went faster than the drivers side and the front tires are still like new. Its even wear across the tire any ideas of what it could be from? It drives straight no pulling except on roads with ruts worn into them. Any ideas are a help thanks

the alignment will tell the tale. post the before/after printout.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!! Whitetiger knows every aspect of legacy suspension and dynamics. use his specs and don't settle for anything less!

tires are not cheap, good alignment are not cheap

This is what the tires look like after 6000 miles first pic is one or the frontothers are of the rear the worst one is the passenger side

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161116/2a8b31464b3e64636f45685532a42b93.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161116/93cd638ce5594ab78d8a3e57bbfedc04.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161116/cd276979def696a797042ce70466666c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well you better be getting new tires with that alignment. I would'nt even be able to attach the laser reflective thing to the tires.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

If thats the best that they could get then something is definitely bent. My car is quite low and every alignment I have gotten they have been able to get my rear toe within spec.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

It was lowered by previous owner and im sure they did it themselves the alignment cam bolts were pretty chewed up from using the wrong size or something. They told me if i could get some kind of kit to help it they would realign it for free since they couldn't get it within spec. Got under it when it was still on the alignment rack couldn't find anything bent or any kind of damage other than the cam bolts.

It was lowered by previous owner and im sure they did it themselves the alignment cam bolts were pretty chewed up from using the wrong size or something. They told me if i could get some kind of kit to help it they would realign it for free since they couldn't get it within spec. Got under it when it was still on the alignment rack couldn't find anything bent or any kind of damage other than the cam bolts.

There ya go! Get the camber eccentric bolts and never wear tires like that again :cool:

I don't know much about alignments, but the last time I had an alignment done was about 45k ago at 160k. The dealer told me that I was lucky my rear was barely in spec, because some adjusting bolts in the back were frozen. So I wonder if maybe your chewed up bolts are what was frozen on my car? Looking at my alignment sheet, I have no idea which bolts they were referring to. I know very little about alignments and suspensions.

alignment.thumb.jpg.f0f65f14720a7291a992b1e42897fb5f.jpg

Archived