LegacyGT.com

08 MT Remote Start without sequence

SpecDubC

Hello I have a drone mobile x1 system and compustar remote starter installed on my 08 LGT... My car audio shop which installed this did it correctly for my manual but they insisted on the sequence of locking the car etcetera and shut down to where you have to get out of the car first then lock and this puts the remote start in a ready state. The second I get back in to grab any items or unlock the car and open the door at all it disables this ready state. I saw somewhere on the forums here that someone had wired a relay with the neutral safety switch which had a fail off mode in case the neutral safety switch went out. I suspect it's only liability that is keeping my audio installer from setting it up this way without the sequence or they are just unaware that there is a fail safe relay setup which would work with my car instead of having to the shutdown sequence. Don't like having to start my car back up in the winter just because I realized I left something in it so it can be ready for remote starting the next day.

I believe it's setup currently where once the car is 1, put into neutral, 2, parking brake on, and then 3, my foot taken completely off the brake pedal, then the relay clicks and triggers, my key is removable with the car running, then the security takes it from there and it waits until I exit the car, lock it, and then it will arm the alarm and turn off the engine. It seems it's tied to the door being opened because I can hit unlock at this point but not open any doors, then upon hitting lock it goes back to ready state. If however I open a door (after unlocking of course) the ready state is lost and the car must be started again, parking brake taken off, shifted out of neutral (any gear) and back into neutral with the brake pedal (and clutch of course) pressed (just needs to enter neutral again), the parking brake reapplied then foot taken off brake pedal (relay clicks), key removed, exit vehicle, lock with fob, arms alarm and turns off the engine.

Does anyone know of that post or how to do this where if the neutral safety switch goes out for some reason it will fail closed for the remote start relay?

I'd like to remove the door opening from the equation. The way I see the current failsafe bypassed would be if I dukes of hazard got in through the window after doing the current steps to ready the remote start and shifted into a gear without touching any brakes, OR if someone stayed in the car, they could technically do the same, not set off the alarm and it would cause the dangerous remote start condition to my knowledge if it's not constantly checking the neutral safety switch. It seems the brake pedal or door opening sensor are both conditions which trip the relay to a closed (off) condition. I think it just needs to have the neutral safety switch work as a closed (off) condition for the relay when it is at any point taken out of neutral, also the parking brake unapplied would help too. I would think either of these could be setup without parasitic battery drain. (the drone mobile system already does this to some degree).

Edited by SpecDubC