LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

... the version is showing as "3616", not "13616". Is this normal?

The software was probably coded to display only 4 digits of the version number ... a very minor bug, distantly related to the well known Y2K fiasco.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The software was probably coded to display only 4 digits of the version number ... a very minor bug, distantly related to the well known Y2K fiasco.

That's what I think too. When I did the 13207 update, my head unit only showed 3207. Now after the 13616 update it shows 3616.

Ha! So, I get done updating my head unit (Thanks, protivakid!) and I'm browsing on STIS and I find that there's a new update. Dated 10/13/2020. So I bought a subscription and am in the middle of downloading all the updates for all the covered vehicles. I'll do my best to make them available the same way protivakid did, through Google drives. I'm also grabbing the Gracenote update for cover art.

Stay tuned for updates.

Here's the link to the head unit update: TSB 15-205-16R

And here's the link to the Gracenote update: TSB 115-208-17R

OK, so here you go. I make no claims about these files, other than I downloaded them directly from Subaru's STIS site. Use them at your own risk. The head unit update files are about 300MB~400MB each and the Gracenote update is 1GB.

Subaru Fujitsu-TEN 7" Display Head Unit Update Files and Gracenote 13207 Update

Thanks for providing the update files. Do you know if there is a different Gracenote file for Navi vs. DA head units? The GN_NA_13616.exe seems like it would only be for Navi.

Thanks for providing the update files. Do you know if there is a different Gracenote file for Navi vs. DA head units? The GN_NA_13616.exe seems like it would only be for Navi.

That was the only Gracenote update file that Subaru had available on their servers, so I suspect it's the same for both head units. (I'm thinking the "NA" in the filename might be for "North America"?)

EDIT: The TSB for the Gracenotes update says it applies to both the 7" Display Navigation and 7" Display Audio units. So yes, it is for the non-Nav units as well.

I'm looking for the firmware update file for my 2015 Impreza. Any help is greatly appreciated!

86201FJ640.zip

"2015MY Impreza / XV Clarion DA CM644UL Update File"

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Google Drive Link

137865591_AsYouWish.gif.c7847c7a08899b6e3707be35d6cf2684.gif

Edited by Outback_Jon
Updated Google Drive link.

I'm looking for the firmware update file for my 2015 Impreza. Any help is greatly appreciated!

86201FJ640.zip

"2015MY Impreza / XV Clarion DA CM644UL Update File"

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

have you tried, http://www.subaur-maps.com ? google it.

SOA gave me that site yesterday.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

An important reminder: You must ensure that battery power is uninterrupted for the full duration of a firmware update (up to an hour). A user over on the Outback forum reports that he recently bricked his head unit when his battery went flat mid-way through a firmware update. There is a reason Subaru makes a big deal of this (i.e. maintaining battery power) in the firmware update instructions.

Subaru recommends connecting a suitable 12-volt power supply in parallel with the battery to guarantee uninterrupted power. Alternatively, you could probably get by using a modern "smart" battery charger. Some chargers, like the mid-priced CTEK 7002, even include a special "Supply" mode for situations just like this. Regardless, always verify that the battery is fully charged before beginning a firmware update session.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hey guys. I was wondering if an update exist for my head unit:

Software: Ver.202

Unit Code: PF3688IB

Serial Number: 00006183

Confirmation code: B3EC

CB735CL

Subaru Legacy 2016

I've Googled all these and ended up with absolutely nothing.

Thank you for your help

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

MY 2015-17 head units in base trim are made by Clarion. The more complex head units in higher trims are from Fujitsu Ten, and most of the firmware updates being discussed in this thread apply only to them. In fact, I'm not aware of any firmware updates for Clarion head units ... at least not in the past few years. You might search the Subaru Technical Information System (STIS) web site for TSBs affecting the Clarion head units. Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

MY 2015-17 head units in base trim are made by Clarion. The more complex head units in higher trims are from Fujitsu Ten, and most of the firmware updates being discussed in this thread apply only to them. In fact, I'm not aware of any firmware updates for Clarion head units ... at least not in the past few years. You might search the Subaru Technical Information System (STIS) web site for TSBs affecting the Clarion head units.

There are updates for some of the Clarion head units. I've put them up in one of my Google drives. But the CB735CL is not among the units that have an update available.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello my friends! I have european Subaru Forester 15MY with Fujitsu Ten FF467LM no navi. The PE9106 firmware is currently installed, but I know that the PE9912 firmware has been released. Please tell me where I can download it?

Hello my friends! I have european Subaru Forester 15MY with Fujitsu Ten FF467LM no navi. The PE9106 firmware is currently installed, but I know that the PE9912 firmware has been released. Please tell me where I can download it?

You'll likely have to find the European version of the Subaru Technical Information System, pay for a subscription, and then download the file.

This site is mostly US domestic market, and I haven't seen anyone who has accessed the European or other markets STIS sites.

If you do get a subscription to get the file, grab all the other files that you can for various models and head units. If you don't have a way to host them, I'll let you upload them to one of my Google drives and I'll host them so others can have access.

You'll likely have to find the European version of the Subaru Technical Information System, pay for a subscription, and then download the file.

This site is mostly US domestic market, and I haven't seen anyone who has accessed the European or other markets STIS sites.

If you do get a subscription to get the file, grab all the other files that you can for various models and head units. If you don't have a way to host them, I'll let you upload them to one of my Google drives and I'll host them so others can have access.

where can i pay for my subscription? do you have a link?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a used 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium. I was having issues with head unit (non-Nav, non-HK) so I decided to update the firmware. I want to provide a couple tips.

Make sure you hook up a charger to the battery so it doesn't die mid firmware update. Also make sure you have everything turned off when you have the ignition key ON, (headlights, interior lights, heater/ac). I stupidly didn't put on a charger, thinking the battery was relatively new and should be able to last during update. I was wrong. My battery died, my headunit was bricked and from then on it would just flash the lights constantly which was very annoying, especially at night. I bought a used head unit on ebay. I opted to buy the Nav unit as it they sell for the a similar price used. If you go this route, make sure you don't buy the HK Nav head unit as it won't work if you don't already have HK HU (amp and speakers are different). Watch the MFG part numbers if you buy a used HU on ebay it will say it is compatible when they are not. Also, make sure you ask the seller if the Nav mSD card is still installed. One seller sold me one without the SD card and replacement of card is prohibitively expensive.

After the successful firmware update to NU9021, I was able to fix a couple annoying issues. Primarily, my contacts/calls are now uploaded (used to fail) from my Samsung Galaxy S10e.

Edited by windsurfsail

https://mega.nz/file/rg8UHRLR#pEL35Ic7GV5l1eSp-ummZCQ1wlAUkGxlNJKLc2gNhVA

Doesn't appear to be anything major unless you are an SXM user.

EDIT: Actually comparing to the previous version I don't see any differences in version numbers for any MY. This might just be a documentation update.

INTRODUCTION: This bulletin announces new reprogramming file availability and the software installation procedure to address additional operational concerns received from the field and listed below involving “Gen 2” F10 Navigation and Display Audio units with 7” display. The procedure will involve downloading the applicable software update files then loading them onto two flash drives for audio unit installation. It is important to read through and understand this information completely before proceeding. These latest software updates contain new logic to address the following concerns:

• Incomplete SXM channel list displayed
  • SXM Subscription Update
  • Thumbnail images included with phone contacts are not displayed (iPhone only)
  • Quick Message is grayed out and cannot be selected for a reply message
  • Head Unit does not respond to touch panel (soft key) commands
  • Clock display shifts by one hour when daylight saving is set to auto (applicable to 2015MYLegacy / Outback, 2015MY Impreza / Crosstrek, 2016MY Forester and 2016MY WRX/WRX STI models with Gen 2.0 audio units only).

Edited by Antimatter85

^^^ This information is meaningless without a corresponding firmware revision number, TSB number, and a release date. This appears to apply only to MY 2015-2017 head units. Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

https://mega.nz/file/rg8UHRLR#pEL35Ic7GV5l1eSp-ummZCQ1wlAUkGxlNJKLc2gNhVA

Doesn't appear to be anything major unless you are an SXM user.

EDIT: Actually comparing to the previous version I don't see any differences in version numbers for any MY. This might just be a documentation update.

Thanks for the link. And I agree, it looks like all the firmware version numbers are identical. Glad I held off on paying for access to get the "latest and greatest".

• 5 weeks later...

My '17 Outback Premium has a FB856US Nav radio. I have tried to check the software version but holding the Vol control in while pushing the Tun button 5 times only brings up my personal wallpaper (pic of my dog).

I'm sure there's a trick to it that I haven't found but could somebody answer a few questions about getting that info?

1) what position should the ignition key be in?

2) car running or not?

3) radio playing or not? My radio will not turn off; I just mute it. I've tried pushing in the Vol control but even after a minute it is still on.

4) can I use an 4 gig SD card with a USB adapter? All my USB drives are 16 gigs or larger.

Thanks! Bill