LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

Is there a place to be able to go out and look to see if there is an update available for your specific vehicle? I don’t have a problem paying the $35 to grab the downloads, but I don’t want to pay only to find out that there isn’t a download for my vehicle. Thanks in advance and thanks to everyone keeping this thread alive and sharing the info and files!

Edit...looking at the TSB linked I can see that there is a new one out for my vehicle. Thanks for that. I stand by my previous question regarding being able to research versions prior to paying the subscription. Again...thank you all for the data.

Edited by F-15hurler
Found info

Ha! So, I get done updating my head unit (Thanks, protivakid!) and I'm browsing on STIS and I find that there's a new update. Dated 10/13/2020. So I bought a subscription and am in the middle of downloading all the updates for all the covered vehicles. I'll do my best to make them available the same way protivakid did, through Google drives. I'm also grabbing the Gracenote update for cover art.

Stay tuned for updates.

Here's the link to the head unit update: TSB 15-205-16R

And here's the link to the Gracenote update: TSB 115-208-17R

OK, so here you go. I make no claims about these files, other than I downloaded them directly from Subaru's STIS site. Use them at your own risk. The head unit update files are about 300MB~400MB each and the Gracenote update is 1GB.

Subaru Fujitsu-TEN 7" Display Head Unit Update Files and Gracenote 13207 Update

Thank you for the access to the files!!!

Is there a place to be able to go out and look to see if there is an update available for your specific vehicle? I don’t have a problem paying the $35 to grab the downloads, but I don’t want to pay only to find out that there isn’t a download for my vehicle. Thanks in advance and thanks to everyone keeping this thread alive and sharing the info and files!

Edit...looking at the TSB linked I can see that there is a new one out for my vehicle. Thanks for that. I stand by my previous question regarding being able to research versions prior to paying the subscription. Again...thank you all for the data.

You can browse the STIS (Subaru lets you see what's available - some .pdfs are free to download) and look for the TSBs. Then do a Google search for the TSB and read it online. It's not the easiest way to get the info, but it is what I did.

Hi all, im after the updates for a 2015 Outback 2.5i premium.

I believe i need both

NU9017_USB_1st.exe

NU9017_USB_2nd.exe

Any help would be appreciated.

Current version installed is as follows.

Nor - NA9004

eSD - NA9004

POWER - 02.4026

CAN - 14.0012

POWER BOOT - 02.4017

POWER VCL - 02.0603

DB - NA9004

AAUBF4_3.A - 02

AAUBF4_4.A - 02

Google drive link if possible.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a5n9_T7JsyWku7UvKxhY41tYOQS_FWLU?usp=sharing

I believe i need both

NU9017_USB_1st.exe

NU9017_USB_2nd.exe

Current version installed is as follows.

Nor - NA9004

eSD - NA9004

DB - NA9004

No. NU and NA versions are incompatible. Where are you located? NU prefix => Nav, U.S. and Canada.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

in australia

I would suspect that the US versions of the firmware aren't going to work for you. US has SiriusXM radio and a slightly different FM radio band than Australia. (Yours starts at 87.5MHz and the US starts at 88.0MHz.) I'm not sure what else might be different as well.

It probably won't allow you to even start the update. And if it does, it could possibly brick your head unit.

Now, that said, if you want to take the chance, the current firmware for the 2015 Outback Navigation head unit FB644US and FB664US is NU9022_USB_1st.exe and NU9022_USB_2nd.exe. Those files are available on my Google drive at the link a few posts back. I am in no way suggesting that you try it, but it's available for use at your own risk.

I would suggest that if you think you need the update, find out the equivalent of the STIS (Subaru Technical Information System) for Australia and look around there to see if updates are available. Or ask your Subaru dealer.

If you want to PM me your VIN, I have about a day left on my STIS access. I'll punch it in and take a look for you.

Edited by Outback_Jon

is there anyone on here from Australia that has successfully updated a 2015 Outback to include the navigation mute button?

Did you use the NU versions of the software or where you able to find NA versions?

Mate, in answer to your question, I'll make a bet with you that XT-sub will be on the case very soon with all the info. There is not much that he doesn't know about Aussie Outbacks ;)

... There is not much that he doesn't know about Aussie Outbacks ;)

There’s actually quite a lot :icon_conf, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Our current 2019 Outback 3.6R has a different head unit to the one in the 2015 Outback & Liberty models. The last (free for 3 years) update I did on our previous 2016 Liberty I did the normal way in early 2019 using Subaru Toolbox2 to download the update from the update website.

I remember looking at the downloaded files & there were a lot of files that had either ‘Australia’, ‘New Zealand’ or the abbreviation for either in the file names, so I wouldn’t like to try a US update on an Australian spec vehicle. If the software has been written correctly it shouldn’t allow it to start updating, but then again something worse could happen.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for updated firmware files for my 2016 Legacy. Any help is greatly appreciated!

OU9313_USB_1st.exe

OU9313_USB_2nd.exe

Thanks!

Thanks for pointing out my oversight. It seems I forgot to upload the firmware for the non-navigation units. Uploading them now. I uploaded yours first.

In case anyone is searching, I also grabbed the firmware updates for the Clarion (Gen1 and Gen2), Harman (Gen3), and Denso (Gen4) head units. Note: The generation number refers to the head units and not the generation of Subaru. I'll make these available by PM request, since I only have so much space on my Google drive.

Thanks for pointing out my oversight. It seems I forgot to upload the firmware for the non-navigation units. Uploading them now. I uploaded yours first.

In case anyone is searching, I also grabbed the firmware updates for the Clarion (Gen1 and Gen2), Harman (Gen3), and Denso (Gen4) head units. Note: The generation number refers to the head units and not the generation of Subaru. I'll make these available by PM request, since I only have so much space on my Google drive.

Awesome, thanks so much Outback_Jon! I appreciate the help and the files worked great!

Edited by scarzy19

OK, since a request was made for the Harmon 3.1 firmware, I've uploaded that, along with the 3.0 firmware.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZoxF0llKjYlQEQR-5GdN1VFDsodBgnvs?usp=sharing

For the 3.1 head unit, the files labeled:

Rel_UA.19.36.70_NAFTA_BASE_PRODUCTION.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_UA.19.36.70_NAFTA_MID_PRODUCTION.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_UA.19.36.70_NAFTA_HIGH_PRODUCTION.SystemOnly.zip

For the 3.0 head unit:

Rel_A2.20.07.20_NAFTA_BASE.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_A2.20.07.20_NAFTA_MID.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_A2.20.07.20_NAFTA_HIGH.SystemOnly.zip

The current .PDF file of the TSB is also in that folder, which includes instructions of how to identify which level of head unit you have.

Edited by Outback_Jon
Updated Google Drive link

OK, since a request was made for the Harmon 3.1 firmware, I've uploaded that, along with the 3.0 firmware. It's on a different Google drive, though.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mKBRYhfx4GLnpf468javwvhVmkII6gQb?usp=sharing

For the 3.1 head unit, the files labeled:

Rel_UA.19.36.70_NAFTA_BASE_PRODUCTION.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_UA.19.36.70_NAFTA_MID_PRODUCTION.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_UA.19.36.70_NAFTA_HIGH_PRODUCTION.SystemOnly.zip

For the 3.0 head unit:

Rel_A2.20.07.20_NAFTA_BASE.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_A2.20.07.20_NAFTA_MID.SystemOnly.zip

Rel_A2.20.07.20_NAFTA_HIGH.SystemOnly.zip

The current .PDF file of the TSB is also in that folder, which includes instructions of how to identify which level of head unit you have.

Awesome, thanks Outback_Jon!

Just updated my 2017 Legacy (no Nav). Here is my before & after. Thankfully update #2 took on the first try it appears :)

I kept the car running for each update. I didn't use a battery charger. I made sure the headlights, interior lights, etc. were fully OFF though. After the reboot & wait step, I just turned the key to ACC (didn't start the engine again).

Nor OU9606 > OU9510

eSD OU9606 > OU9510

POWER 02.1026 > 02.1026

CAN 14.0015 > 14.0015

POWER BOOT 02.1117 > 02.1117

POWER VCL 02.0103 > 02.0103

Backup DB OU9606 > OU9510

BUSBF4_3.A 03 > 03

BUSBD4_4.A 03 > 03

Vcl_Para 09.49 > 09.49

Ha! So, I get done updating my head unit (Thanks, protivakid!) and I'm browsing on STIS and I find that there's a new update. Dated 10/13/2020. So I bought a subscription and am in the middle of downloading all the updates for all the covered vehicles. I'll do my best to make them available the same way protivakid did, through Google drives. I'm also grabbing the Gracenote update for cover art.

Stay tuned for updates.

Here's the link to the head unit update: TSB 15-205-16R

And here's the link to the Gracenote update: TSB 115-208-17R

OK, so here you go. I make no claims about these files, other than I downloaded them directly from Subaru's STIS site. Use them at your own risk. The head unit update files are about 300MB~400MB each and the Gracenote update is 1GB.

Subaru Fujitsu-TEN 7" Display Head Unit Update Files and Gracenote 13207 Update

So... I just updated GraceNote on my 2015 Legacy Limited and the version is showing as "3616", not "13616". Is this normal? By that number, it's a lower version than what I had previously ("7633"). Not sure if something is corrupted but I tried 3 times with the same result. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Mine says the same after the update. However, I am very confident that it is really 13616 and the software only shows 3616. I also had updated to the previous version 13207 and the software only showed 3207. I think all is good.