LegacyGT.com

Turbo feed line

So taking off my turbo off of my 2007 legacy gt. I ended up bending the turbo oil feed line when I yanked on the turbo to get the oil drain line off. It still looks good but I noticed it isn’t a perfect bend anymore. Should I replace it with a stainless steel braided line that also goes to my avcs or should the line be fine?

Stock oil feed line is best as it's designed for the car. You have an .055" feed hole in the banjo bolt on the turbo, so putting on a larger feed line to the turbo is irrelevant and a waste of money. If it's not perfect, spend a bit of time and gently bend it back. As long as it fits cleanly (not kinked and aligns flatly with the top of the turbo surface) it will seal and work fine.

You also don't need to replace the copper washers on the banjo bolt. Years ago, some copper washer salesman said that you need to replace them every time you take them off. He made a fortune, and disappeared into the night knowing he perpetuated a myth, but lived happily ever after on the income from people uselessly buying new copper washers for no reason. They're copper for a reason-because they're MALLEABLE and can conform to the surface time and time again.

Stock oil feed line is best as it's designed for the car. You have an .055" feed hole in the banjo bolt on the turbo, so putting on a larger feed line to the turbo is irrelevant and a waste of money. If it's not perfect, spend a bit of time and gently bend it back. As long as it fits cleanly (not kinked and aligns flatly with the top of the turbo surface) it will seal and work fine.

You also don't need to replace the copper washers on the banjo bolt. Years ago, some copper washer salesman said that you need to replace them every time you take them off. He made a fortune, and disappeared into the night knowing he perpetuated a myth, but lived happily ever after on the income from people uselessly buying new copper washers for no reason. They're copper for a reason-because they're MALLEABLE and can conform to the surface time and time again.

Exactly this, my Dad taught me back in the day, heat them up with a torch and drop em in water right after. It softens them up again, I've never had a problem with doing that and neither did he

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

While your mentioning the PCV make sure yours rattles when you shake it. If it does its good.

Any local dealership Parts guys can get the hose for you. If your going to keeping the car, get to know those guys, become friendly, you may get added benefits...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

While your mentioning the PCV make sure yours rattles when you shake it. If it does its good.

Any local dealership Parts guys can get the hose for you. If your going to keeping the car, get to know those guys, become friendly, you may get added benefits...

Ya I actually found the hose not that long after I posted that message which is why I edited it lol. I always go to the dealership to get a lot of random stuff that breaks. For years I’ve been getting garage prices on parts saved me tons of money but sadly the parts manager left and now I’m just back to a regular customer.

Ya I asked the new manager a few months ago. Every time I got an invoice before it was just under my name so I asked him to pull up my name under commercial and regular customers and no discounts showed up. Thinking he might of just edited the prices to garage price for me.