LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Well, for once I thought ahead... a month ago I ordered a wheel bearing from rock auto. Well I'm glad I did, 2 long trips in the last 2 weeks and ended up being a loud hum in my drivers front hub... 1.5 hours later the noise is gone. I may create my own parts warehouse of wear items in my garage!

Also yes, it's all rusty... I live in ontario! (this car will never see winter in my possession though)

117171608_10164096686100096_2747547486876815200_o.thumb.jpg.0bbd66ffc420d9d9b466ec8964f30786.jpg

117174219_10164096686530096_5521815529507905624_o.thumb.jpg.dd707ee04803428040f4418efb49f1a8.jpg

117194180_10164096687030096_5744714067653354976_o.thumb.jpg.7e6ce52667ef551e019c433098ed5c9a.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

The Pleiades were looking down on me yesterday. Had I parked in my usual spot just a few feet to the right I could very well have a broken sunroof. I parked a few feet to the left of where I usually do to catch some shade while I insulated my car. The second picture is of carnage from yesterday elsewhere in Queens. I'm dreaming of a garage.

pleiades2.thumb.jpg.947527aa8c3c9328d38aff8972f4348a.jpg

queens.thumb.jpg.0b12ea656eed4c5799fcbc41f7d6a152.jpg

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I pulled a broken Morimoto switchback turn signal out of my headlight. One piece came out with a bent zip tie taped to my mechanics magnet, the other piece came out with a ball of duct tape on the end of the magnet. Happy it came out, is under warranty and I didn't have the take the front end apart to get it out, unhappy I had to fish it out at all.

The Pleiades were looking down on me yesterday. Had I parked in my usual spot just a few feet to the right I could very well have a broken sunroof. I parked a few feet to the left of where I usually do to catch some shade while I insulated my car. The second picture is of carnage from yesterday elsewhere in Queens. I'm dreaming of a garage.

Well I'm glad the you and the wagon are in one piece. If ever you do need a sunroof, I have an extra back-half of glass for our cars.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Speaking of sun roofs. Now that I'm moving to a place with more rain. Do they need the drain holes cleaned on occasion? After watching two friends cars flood from the sunroof growing up in Florida I swore they were the devil. But I didn't have many options for the wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of sun roofs. Now that I'm moving to a place with more rain. Do they need the drain holes cleaned on occasion? After watching two friends cars flood from the sunroof growing up in Florida I swore they were the devil. But I didn't have many options for the wagon.

Yeah clean the drains. Luckily the tubes (to me) seem bigger than most manufacturers.

I view sunroofs on cars the way Edna Mode views capes in the incredible's. Though my GT is a limited with a sunroof, I plan to do the carbon replacement to ditch it.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

I came out after a rain storm in high school and my exes car had two inches of standing water in it. I've learned that's usually a failure the hoses clogging.

I actually use it a lot more than I thought I would have. Maybe that's just the difference though if muggy hot nasty Florida to dry hot wonderful utah.

So, I was right, the thread for the fuel dampers on the rail for '05-06 side feeds is M12x1.0.

IMG_7546.thumb.JPG.409b8ed6d4210ed2d38d1726f1fa695e.JPG

I have a M12x1.0 to 1/2 BSPP

Then a 1/2 BSPP to 3/8 NPT

Then the Radium fuel damper

IMG_7547.thumb.JPG.900523ad7455a0b8b3833a6b8d877ec3.JPG

Because of the way they fit together, it's not really taller than a direct adapter.

Using some blue loctite on the threads to help ensure they don't loosen or leak.

IMG_7548.thumb.JPG.ac8c5c6d5c1eaefbcebbe986838fa4ed.JPG

Test fitting on the spare intake that I have.

It fit nicely on the rail, can remove the top and rotate as needed to align the reference port.

It'll fit easily on the driver's side.

It's gonna be really close under the turbo coolant tank on the other side.

I'm going to run just the driver's side first and see what it does to the fuel fluctuations.

The crows feet wrenches that I need will come in on Friday, then I can install it.

I'll probably have to remove the OCV to get access to it and there still isn't enough room for a traditional wrench.

Well, for once I thought ahead... a month ago I ordered a wheel bearing from rock auto. Well I'm glad I did, 2 long trips in the last 2 weeks and ended up being a loud hum in my drivers front hub... 1.5 hours later the noise is gone. I may create my own parts warehouse of wear items in my garage!

Also yes, it's all rusty... I live in ontario! (this car will never see winter in my possession though)

Might not hurt to replace those hub bolts if they're original. Attempted my front driver hub replacement and ended up rounding off one of the hub bolts (original 12 year old bolt). Granted it was mostly my mistake rushing to replace it on my lunch break but now I need to take it to my local mechanic so they can either use a "trick" or simply cut it off (I definitely hicksta'd it). Picked up four new bolts so it won't be an issue for the inevitable bearing replacement down the road. (Part #: 901000285 for reference).

Got the second airbag recall notice for my wagon today. Local dealership did a great job on the first replacement, fingers crossed for number two.

Forester is going in next week for two recalls also. Ordered new wheels for it yesterday, Konig Ultraform 17x8 +40, which will fit my wagon nicely if I don't like them on the Forester. 17lbs too so I'll shed 6-7lbs per corner.

Not sure what their particular procedure is, I assume it's the same as the first recall, which said - dash removal.

I don't think all dealership service departments are created equal, and some have better methods than others with removing the dash and not. I'm guessing the guys didn't actually remove the dash the first replacement on mine

Edited by BoozeRS05

how big is your Generator? Me and the wife have discussed in having one for power backup but havent looked much into it

14kw. I have two 125 gallon propane tanks that feed it. Don't have natural gas in the area.

I got the generator on line from generators direct, had a buddy Master Electrician do the hook up and pull the permit with the town.

DSCN7199.thumb.JPG.ef430444027fadee59cebe04d9bb990e.JPG

PM me if you want to talk more about getting one.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Do you know if they had to remove your dash for the second recall? I have driver temp actuator in-hand and would like them to put it in.

Got my pass airbag recall in july and they had to pull dash. They inspect first hand for cracks and normal “petina” but when they put mine back you could see the prying locations where he used a blunt object around top air vents and nav. Wasn’t very happy but all in all was an ok job albight they didn’t clean inside windshield. Had marks of dash rubbing etc.

I'm nervous to go back for the second recall. It looked like someone use a phillips screw driver as the prying tool from the first recall. Unrelated to that the dash is cracking along the door joints and below the cubby. I don't want to think about what it will look like after.

This week I bought new front control arm rear bushings - SuperPro TCR3095, adj caster and anti-lift. Sounds like it's a better design than the Whiteline options. Probably won't get it on until next year. (New thread idea: What are you doing to your 4th gen. Legacy next year? Vol - 2021)

Got my pass airbag recall in july and they had to pull dash. They inspect first hand for cracks and normal “petina” but when they put mine back you could see the prying locations where he used a blunt object around top air vents and nav. Wasn’t very happy but all in all was an ok job albight they didn’t clean inside windshield. Had marks of dash rubbing etc.

Interesting cause I don't have any indication of dash removal when I just had my second recall done about a month ago.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Sharing a good deal in Japan on a set of Ohlins if you've been through the process before.

Seems like a pretty good price. I wonder what shipping is like. I gotta stay away from those sites though. I need money to move first.

If it sells for that price it will be $200 less than what I paid, which is already pretty cheap as far as Ohlins go. Of course they need to be rebuilt anyway. If you use JDM Buyer (which has very significant delays right now) purchasing/shipping fees can be just under $500 so $1,300 all in

I need money to move first.

:D

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Seems like a pretty good price. I wonder what shipping is like. I gotta stay away from those sites though. I need money to move first.

I moved, but still need money, what gives....

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K