LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

If I do decide to sell my car as is, I am looking the Acura TLX and might even wait for the A Spec. Depending on finding the complete spec B 6 speed swap lol.

Love the way it looks and hopefully it drives nice!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

i'm really looking forward to the type-s variant. apparently acura is going to be making a type-s variant of all of their vehicles...i'd imagine tech and a bigger engine for the SUVs, but hopefully they're getting back to their sport luxury roots with their sedans. would be very happy to see that. i'd also love to see the ilx get a type-s version with a detuned civic type-r(call it 265 hp) engine and a 6 speed, if something happened to my GT i would seriously be in that market

Edited by creep_nu

i'm really looking forward to the type-s variant. apparently acura is going to be making a type-s variant of all of their vehicles...i'd imagine tech and a bigger engine for the SUVs, but hopefully they're getting back to their sport luxury roots with their sedans. would be very happy to see that. i'd also love to see the ilx get a type-s version with a detuned civic type-r(call it 265 hp) engine and a 6 speed, if something happened to my GT i would seriously be in that market

You're making my mouth water :eek:

Sadly, the "Type-S" 3.0 turbo SH-AWD model will probably be mid-50s or more.. Unless it's significantly more spacious than the stinger, no compelling reason to switch..

I would've expected it to be in the high 30's to low 40's. Acura tends to give you A TON for the value.

I would've expected it to be in the high 30's to low 40's. Acura tends to give you A TON for the value.

(just to be clear, I am talking about the TLX, not a possible ILX Type S)

The fully loaded 2021 2.0T TLX is $49K. No price yet announced for the 3.0T version, but obviously, it will be MORE than that.

(just to be clear, I am talking about the TLX, not a possible ILX Type S)

The fully loaded 2021 2.0T TLX is $49K. No price yet announced for the 3.0T version, but obviously, it will be MORE than that.

mid 50s to 60 has a lot of compelling choices, m340i, cla45, stinger, lexus es f sport, audi s4, not to mention the ct5-v on the american side, and the amazing plethora of SUVs in that price range....it's going to be a tough sell, and I don't think it's going to be particularly popular since it's likely going to be somewhat underpowered, as honda tends to do. Acura also doesn't have the same cachet as the other brands(save maybe lexus) since their sedans have been soooo boring for the past decade plus. it'll be interesting, and they'll pull some people back that are tired of german maintenance costs, or want something with a bit more room and maybe the driving experience will pull some people in too, but...i'm not seeing a whole bunch move.

the ILX though, if they did a 265 hp 6 speed type-s for mid to upper 30s, i think they'd be able to pull in some potential wrx buyers, maybe some of the older crowd that loves the idea of the type-r but doesn't want the shouty boy racer look(meeeee!), and some of the people looking at 3 year off lease 3 series and a4s.

acura just let their brand go to SUVs and boring sedans for too long, i'm hoping this can turn it around and bring some people back to the brand(for sedans), and keep them innovating and playing with the germans a bit. i don't feel great about the prospects, but you never know, they may have a darling on their hands--only time will tell.

mid 50s to 60 has a lot of compelling choices, m340i, cla45, stinger, lexus es f sport, audi s4, not to mention the ct5-v on the american side, and the amazing plethora of SUVs in that price range....it's going to be a tough sell, and I don't think it's going to be particularly popular since it's likely going to be somewhat underpowered, as honda tends to do. Acura also doesn't have the same cachet as the other brands(save maybe lexus) since their sedans have been soooo boring for the past decade plus. it'll be interesting, and they'll pull some people back that are tired of german maintenance costs, or want something with a bit more room and maybe the driving experience will pull some people in too, but...i'm not seeing a whole bunch move.

the ILX though, if they did a 265 hp 6 speed type-s for mid to upper 30s, i think they'd be able to pull in some potential wrx buyers, maybe some of the older crowd that loves the idea of the type-r but doesn't want the shouty boy racer look(meeeee!), and some of the people looking at 3 year off lease 3 series and a4s.

acura just let their brand go to SUVs and boring sedans for too long, i'm hoping this can turn it around and bring some people back to the brand(for sedans), and keep them innovating and playing with the germans a bit. i don't feel great about the prospects, but you never know, they may have a darling on their hands--only time will tell.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Yeah, but 265 hp 6 speed? G70 has that with the 2.0T - not sure they've sold many manuals. Hyundai/Kia actually has several manual options, IIRC..

Plus, I don't see AWD with that - it'll be FWD. And there is still the Jetta GLI manual..

Acura would need to completely revamp their image to get WRX buyers to head their way, and the prices aren't really in the same league. Its a nicer vehicle for sure, but it isn't drawing excitement from many. Acura and Honda both have had quite the time improving their lineups to be competitive again after the Korean brands really starting to make more compelling vehicles. They can't win on price or amenities so...

People pick on Subaru for not innovating more, but when you really start looking at comparable vehicles you see just how narrow the market is with their vehicles.

Yeah, but 265 hp 6 speed? G70 has that with the 2.0T - not sure they've sold many manuals. Hyundai/Kia actually has several manual options, IIRC..

Plus, I don't see AWD with that - it'll be FWD. And there is still the Jetta GLI manual..

g70 is quite a different car than the ilx. they just dropped the manual from them because it didn't sell. but plenty of people still buy manual SIs, which the ILX is basically just a nicer SI. give it some more power and a manual and there'd be some take.

all of this said, acura hasn't had a manual since the 3rd gen TL, and there wasn't much of a take on that when more manuals were being sold in general, and less restrictive emissions standards and etc, i would severly doubt they bring the manual back. but i still want it...

edit: i'm stupid and the ILX had a manual until recently

Edited by creep_nu

The more I look at trucks these days the more I want one more than anything else lol Too many people I know and work with are rolling up in them. A co-worker 'allegedly' put in his order for the RAM TRX... we'll see as he is a talker.

I don't feel like I could shop objectively between the Ford 150, Ram 1500s, and Chevy Silverado 1500s (considering GMC as well). I am biased against Fords and lean toward Ram due to past limited experience. I keep hearing Ford's new line is much improved but idk. What are the subaru fam's opinions on the matter? I know it will ultimately be my preference as they vary in features, aesthetics, towing, etc.

For the most part, the differences in towing or off road don't sway me. Visual wise, they are all pretty similar esp the Silverado and Sierra. I'll want a neutral paint job with sport trims and wheels/tires lifted anyway, which brings them all even closer visually. The important part is Crew Cab over extended since that extra room would be good for the dog with a car seat in the back. It's crazy how nice the standard large trucks are these days, comfort and tech wise. It'd be hard to get something older than 2017.

Price-wise, Ram seems to have lower than market right now but across the board I'm seeing low truck prices for average used mileage 1 owners. I would love to get something 30k or less but not looking promising. Of course I could go to the customs place around the corner and get the 80k monster hahaha then I'd be divorced.

I buy a used mini truck every time I get involved with a big house project because they are so useful and it's cheaper than renting. Then the project finishes. It sits for awhile becoming a "well ive got a truck, let's do something else ". Eventually the elses ate finished. At least this time, its parked at the beginning of the driveway so nothing else is blocked in. Another year of no use, I'll put up a free come pickup ad.

Been searching for a 2door sports car. With the Brz on its last year, I was hoping prices would drop, but no luck. The power output reminds of the first gen Miata I used to have. Enough to play, not enough to regret.

The more I look at trucks these days the more I want one more than anything else lol Too many people I know and work with are rolling up in them. A co-worker 'allegedly' put in his order for the RAM TRX... we'll see as he is a talker.

I don't feel like I could shop objectively between the Ford 150, Ram 1500s, and Chevy Silverado 1500s (considering GMC as well). I am biased against Fords and lean toward Ram due to past limited experience. I keep hearing Ford's new line is much improved but idk. What are the subaru fam's opinions on the matter? I know it will ultimately be my preference as they vary in features, aesthetics, towing, etc.

For the most part, the differences in towing or off road don't sway me. Visual wise, they are all pretty similar esp the Silverado and Sierra. I'll want a neutral paint job with sport trims and wheels/tires lifted anyway, which brings them all even closer visually. The important part is Crew Cab over extended since that extra room would be good for the dog with a car seat in the back. It's crazy how nice the standard large trucks are these days, comfort and tech wise. It'd be hard to get something older than 2017.

Price-wise, Ram seems to have lower than market right now but across the board I'm seeing low truck prices for average used mileage 1 owners. I would love to get something 30k or less but not looking promising. Of course I could go to the customs place around the corner and get the 80k monster hahaha then I'd be divorced.

The truck market is really hard. I think that Ram has the nicest overall trucks in terms of features and technology, but Ford is the most reliable and you get a good amount of features for less money. I wouldn't consider a Chevy/GMC cause their quality control has been bad, and those things aren't as reliable (unless you get a 2500). I would stick with a V8, as the ford ecoboost engines aren't reliable past 100k miles and they sound like garbage compared to the V8's rumble. In this case, I would be looking at either a Ford F-150 with a 5.0 Coyote V8 or a Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi. Are you considering a F-250 or 2500 series truck?

I have to disagree on fords reliability, the 10 spd durability remains to be seen. The Ram otoh uses a tried and true gearbox the zf8, it will take almost anything thrown at it.

Either way parts are plentiful for all the makes and models. I would have to say I would probably go with an ecodiesel over a gas version.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have to disagree on fords reliability, the 10 spd durability remains to be seen. The Ram otoh uses a tried and true gearbox the zf8, it will take almost anything thrown at it.

Either way parts are plentiful for all the makes and models. I would have to say I would probably go with an ecodiesel over a gas version.

Shoot, you just reminded me about the 10-speed tranny. I forgot about the issues that are coming out about them. So yah, I would stick with a Ram. I don't know all that much about the eco-diesel, but if they are italian engines from Fiat then I would strongly pass. If you're not gonna be doing a lot of towing/hauling then I don't see a good enough reason to get a diesel engine to be honest...

Have you considered the midsized pickups? I’m considering a Gladiator in the next year or so. I’m biased though since I’ve been a Jeep guy since my dad bought a new Scrambler when I was little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered the midsized pickups? I’m considering a Gladiator in the next year or so. I’m biased though since I’ve been a Jeep guy since my dad bought a new Scrambler when I was little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine if they also offered a V8 in the Gladiator :eek:

Love the mid-size truck. My ‘12 Frontier is in the Goldilocks zone for almost everything I need it to do. I don’t tow but I do use it to skid felled trees. It’s parkable in the city and enough truck to get up some full-on sketchy “roads” out in WV. I don’t think I’d get a new one, though. May never get a new anything again, for that matter.

Love the mid-size truck. My ‘12 Frontier is in the Goldilocks zone for almost everything I need it to do. I don’t tow but I do use it to skid felled trees. It’s parkable in the city and enough truck to get up some full-on sketchy “roads” out in WV. I don’t think I’d get a new one, though. May never get a new anything again, for that matter.

To be fair, the new Frontiers aren't really that new anyway. They're still the same body style from 2004 and have a somewhat similiar interior.

I own a 2018 F150 3.5L ecoboost - lariat- 502a pkg - supercrew with the sport package. It’s a great vehicle for DD use but I’m out in the country with plenty of space to park. It was one year old with 8900mi and a Canadian truck when I bought it for $43k. It’s fast and comfortable, tows my boat and my camper well. The 10spd has been trouble free but it does have the frozen door latch issue which is super annoying.

My only complaint is that after owning a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit As my previous DD, the F150 gives up a lot of luxury. Even with the lariat package and all the tech, the Jeep was more luxurious and had nicer materials with a cushier ride. Also the jeeps zf8 transmission was definitely smoother than my trucks 10spd. The Jeep did nickle-and-dims me though, and that I do not miss. Never again will I own a CDJR/FCA product. Total junk for long-term ownership.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Shoot, you just reminded me about the 10-speed tranny. I forgot about the issues that are coming out about them. So yah, I would stick with a Ram. I don't know all that much about the eco-diesel, but if they are italian engines from Fiat then I would strongly pass. If you're not gonna be doing a lot of towing/hauling then I don't see a good enough reason to get a diesel engine to be honest...
I would be looking at long term ownership, the diesels are lighter on maintenance and better in durability. I especially like the I6 chevy started making, but its in a chevy so thats a non-starter, lol. All of the manufacturers have issues, its just a matter of what you can live with.

I own a 2018 F150 3.5L ecoboost - lariat- 502a pkg - supercrew with the sport package. It’s a great vehicle for DD use but I’m out in the country with plenty of space to park. It was one year old with 8900mi and a Canadian truck when I bought it for $43k. It’s fast and comfortable, tows my boat and my camper well. The 10spd has been trouble free but it does have the frozen door latch issue which is super annoying.

My only complaint is that after owning a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit As my previous DD, the F150 gives up a lot of luxury. Even with the lariat package and all the tech, the Jeep was more luxurious and had nicer materials with a cushier ride. Also the jeeps zf8 transmission was definitely smoother than my trucks 10spd. The Jeep did nickle-and-dims me though, and that I do not miss. Never again will I own a CDJR/FCA product. Total junk for long-term ownership.

How heavy are you towing with the F150?

I am mentally prepping myself to move on from my 2002 Dodge 2500 CTD and into something full crew cab and able to tow the 8k camper without issue. I have read a bunch and talked to various people with different trucks and as stated above, they all have issues and quirks.....it's what you can deal with that determines what best suites you. I was eyeballing the Titan XD with the Cummins but only to hear they discontinued that pairing. Do I need or have to have a diesel? Nope. Just used to them at this point. That said gas engines in the right platform perform quite well and run long enough at this point. I doubt this will be the last truck I buy so I need to just buck up and decide (to spend the coin that is[emoji2961]).

I need to seat 6, tow fairly heavy and haul stuff when camping and also not camping. A large SUV sounds great aside from their cost but a truck works better for me I feel.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk