LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Thanks, If you go with the GT model, not the GT1 or GT2 you can get it in Panthera Gray which is like a charcoal gray. Looks pretty nice.

I was looking for a GT1 in blue but couldn't find any nearby so I ended up in a GT2. I figure I'll learn to like the extra features. HUD, cooled seats, power side bolsters, LSD, and low beams that turn with the steering.

I also liked how the ivory interior had a two tone to break things up. Most were black black black. Nothing but black.

bf17391324e834890b4b621d98ae58e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat in one again (Stinger), and decided we really didn't like it that much.. We like the Q50 better (Sport / Red Sport). Also maybe looking at a Macan/SQ5.. Depends on rear legroom..

I've been looking pretty hard at the 2018+ Golf R, as we finally got the Facelift this year. Drove one while working in Germany last year and they are very tidy. Very expensive over there as well. Fully decked out I think the list was almost 60K Euro. Here in Canada, 42K. Still pricy for a Golf, but most mid range cars up here seem to be getting up to the mid 30's anyway.

Not sure I'd sell the Legacy wagon anytime soon, at the very worst I'll keep it as a winter car :-)

Looks decent in the blue.

Don't tell the SS guys I said that. :hide:

Seems like all the 4th-gen guys are jumping to the SS, and all the 5th-gen guys are moving to the Stinger. I could probably say something about how that makes it convenient for 4th-gen owners to keep hating on 5th-gen owners because it's the same people in different cars, but I won't.

:hide:

Also, I'm a serious sucker for pretty much anything blue with black accents, and that doesn't disappoint. Neither does the SS, for that matter (gotta be fair and impartial), but I sure wouldn't mind having a C7 'Vette in that color scheme...

Thanks, If you go with the GT model, not the GT1 or GT2 you can get it in Panthera Gray which is like a charcoal gray. Looks pretty nice.

I was looking for a GT1 in blue but couldn't find any nearby so I ended up in a GT2. I figure I'll learn to like the extra features. HUD, cooled seats, power side bolsters, LSD, and low beams that turn with the steering.

I also liked how the ivory interior had a two tone to break things up. Most were black black black. Nothing but black.

bf17391324e834890b4b621d98ae58e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Welcome to the club! We can't get the ivory interior in Canada. Looks good. Black or Red nappa leather here.

• 3 weeks later...

My little journey has taken me back to a make that I used to own...Infiniti.

I sold the WRX. I sold the Ct200h.

I got myself a 2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD. Forged wheels and tires on order and looking into springs or coilovers. And, that is as far as it will go...lesson learned.

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

My little journey has taken me back to a make that I used to own...Infiniti.

I sold the WRX. I sold the Ct200h.

I got myself a 2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD. Forged wheels and tires on order and looking into springs or coilovers. And, that is as far as it will go...lesson learned.

How the handling on it - i hear the steering feedback is meh but everything else is incredible. I ran one on the highway before the car went into the body shop, kept up with them no issues and the LGT is a fast car right now.

you get used to the steering. there are several settings. drive mode (suspension, steering, transmission) has eco, standard, sport, and sport+ modes. And, there is personal drive mode so one may personalize the drive mode.

wheels/tires come in at 61#. they are 245/40/19. Most that can fit without fender mod is 265.

the car can feel "floaty" if you are coming from a modded wrx. we are reaching out to kw to see if they are game for coilovers. if not, I will get rsr springs for 0.8" front and 0.4" drop rear, adjust front camber slightly with camber bolts.

If the car sees track time, it will just be the addition of better front brake pads and 5w30 over the factory recommended 0w20. yes, a 400hp motor with 0w20. sounds nutty.

i beat on the car for a good 10 minutes on mountain roads using manual mode. similar to running 7/10 at the track. it did surprisingly well and has only a slight push at the limit. factory brakes did well, the car did not seem to overheat or suffer any sort of heat soak that I could feel.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

needed 4 doors or wife was going to be a pain about it.

And, I picked it up for 45 with 7k miles on it...cpo...infiniti exec driven.

That's good. I was going to ask that next if CPO. Seems like doing that with BMW and Mercedes you can get some great savings of sticker price. Nonetheless I'm sure it's a very pleasant ride in comparison to the wrx/legacy

• 2 months later...
Slower than a 2.0T Accord.. Significant brake fade. Not what I'm looking for..

I drove a 6 speed 2.0t sport last month. Very impressive capable car for the $$. If I was down for a car payment right now, it'd be top 3 under 40K for sure. Simple tune puts it in the neighborhood of 360tqe. The only shortcoming is wrong wheel drive. But for a daily, hard to beat it under 40K, let alone the 30,700 sticker price.

you get used to the steering. there are several settings. drive mode (suspension, steering, transmission) has eco, standard, sport, and sport+ modes. And, there is personal drive mode so one may personalize the drive mode.

wheels/tires come in at 61#. they are 245/40/19. Most that can fit without fender mod is 265.

the car can feel "floaty" if you are coming from a modded wrx. we are reaching out to kw to see if they are game for coilovers. if not, I will get rsr springs for 0.8" front and 0.4" drop rear, adjust front camber slightly with camber bolts.

If the car sees track time, it will just be the addition of better front brake pads and 5w30 over the factory recommended 0w20. yes, a 400hp motor with 0w20. sounds nutty.

i beat on the car for a good 10 minutes on mountain roads using manual mode. similar to running 7/10 at the track. it did surprisingly well and has only a slight push at the limit. factory brakes did well, the car did not seem to overheat or suffer any sort of heat soak that I could feel.

Don't lie..i showed you the power potential via tuning and you know your hooked..when just a tune gets you 450/500 at the wheels, you know you want it :-)

I want it...I just don't want to make it undriveable again.

It is on RSR coilovers and waiting for wheels from japan for 2 months and maybe another 1 or 2 months to go.

Gonna run Laguna Seca on Sunday with only mods being coilovers and tires...brake fluid upgraded and motor oil upgraded. Temps will be in the 60s on sunday.

Maybe I need a new thread....

Done:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/infiniti-q50-red-sport-awd-hopes-limited-mods-270995.html?p=5819826#post5819826

Edited by fredrik94087

• I Donated
I drove a 6 speed 2.0t sport last month. Very impressive capable car for the $$. If I was down for a car payment right now, it'd be top 3 under 40K for sure. Simple tune puts it in the neighborhood of 360tqe. The only shortcoming is wrong wheel drive. But for a daily, hard to beat it under 40K, let alone the 30,700 sticker price.
I drove one after I totaled my SS. (Oh, BTW, if you didn't hear, I totaled my SS. Long story, but let's just say I'm not doing any more track days in the rain.) Actually rated it higher than the 2013 CTS-V with 13k miles I test drove. Not just in relation to price, either. The Accord was a polished car with engaging driving dynamics (although not to the level of the SS, CTS-V, or Stinger), nice tech, good ergonomics, and a refined interior with lots of room.

The CTS-V was fast and fun, but everything about the interior (fit and finish, design, ergonomics, tech, etc) felt like a 10 year old design, which it was. Also, the front seats (non-Recaro) sucked, the rear seat was cramped, the sunshade was weirdly translucent, and even with only 13k on it, the entire thing creaked like crazy and the materials were already showing wear.

I ended up with the Stinger. GT2 RWD in Micro Blue. Ticked over 4500 miles today. I wish it had a stick, and I miss the V8 exhaust note, but otherwise I love it.

96a1f88181f6ca6df75e0d2540d1b51f.jpg

Edited by thefultonhow

It doesn't take much to total a 2005 LGT in 2017. I rear ended someone going between 5-10 mph. F*cking crumple zones. $5500 of damage and totaled. Now I drive a 2005 Nissan 350Z becz saving for my 15 yr old's college. But I love it. Put together much better. And the damn torque! And the seats! So much better than the LGT. I gotta say that it is not so good in lake effect, however. My old LGT was a snowplow. The Z is more of a snow berm.

And I bet my car is a better wet track day car, fulton. Wuss. ;)

I drove one after I totaled my SS. (Oh, BTW, if you didn't hear, I totaled my SS. Long story, but let's just say I'm not doing any more track days in the rain.) Actually rated it higher than the 2013 CTS-V with 13k miles I test drove. Not just in relation to price, either. The Accord was a polished car with engaging driving dynamics (although not to the level of the SS, CTS-V, or Stinger), nice tech, good ergonomics, and a refined interior with lots of room.

The CTS-V was fast and fun, but everything about the interior (fit and finish, design, ergonomics, tech, etc) felt like a 10 year old design, which it was. Also, the front seats (non-Recaro) sucked, the rear seat was cramped, the sunshade was weirdly translucent, and even with only 13k on it, the entire thing creaked like crazy and the materials were already showing wear.

I ended up with the Stinger. GT2 RWD in Micro Blue. Ticked over 4500 miles today. I wish it had a stick, and I miss the V8 exhaust note, but otherwise I love it.

Cant believe you totaled the SS, that is hands down my favorite newer sedan. I was in the market for one when they were letting them go for 20% off sticker and couldnt find a 6 speed. Refused to settle for auto, and I just decided to quit looking. Now I regret it.

I test drove an 18' Maro SS 1LE a few months back and loved it too, but I couldn't swing it with my current situation. Damn LGT maxed my c/c bill, and Im still recovering. Never build a car on credit.

96a1f88181f6ca6df75e0d2540d1b51f.jpg

Kind of ironic you should wreck on a track day in the SS given how many debates you have entertained on the merits (or lack thereof, if I recall your opinion correctly) of AWD in the wet...:rolleyes: