LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I think, overall, the '16 CTS V-sport I looked at with 8k miles for ~$43k probably would have fit most of the criteria, but the family didn't like it to sit in. And the wife kept hinting that she didn't like the idea of a Cadillac, since we're not old yet (her mom drives an '00 Caddy) :lol:

Should have looked into real deal V, not some weeny V-sport.

<---- has a Caddy at the like half the age of average Caddy owner and loving it, but then it's a manual wagon ;)

<---- has a Caddy at the like half the age of average Caddy owner and loving it, but then it's a manual wagon ;)

If you label the sti and wrx as outliers the average age of a subaru owner is up there as well, lol.

What I find funny in a lot of articles I'm reading on the stinger is that they're trying to compare it to a BMW 640i and a Porsche Panamera v6. Of course both those 'luxury' brands are nearly double the cost so Kia is pitching it as a "...more affordable option" rather than comparing it to say a 3series, Audi s4, infiniti q50s etc..

Looked at a CTS-V sedan a year ago or so.. Family didn't really like much either. Want this as DD, not track toy (although occasional track usage), so if family doesn't like it, we'd end up taking the Grand Caravan more often. Not exactly a win in my books.. Drove an older V-sport (i.e. pre '15 re-design) and that actually seemed better. Turns out that even though they made the car larger, they made the rear seats smaller? Might have to try a pre-15 CTS-V again.

The wagons are super overpriced, or I'd think about it.. You could probably get a 2013 CTS-V coupe for $35-40k, and they want $55k for a wagon with the same age/mileage/etc.

What I find funny in a lot of articles I'm reading on the stinger is that they're trying to compare it to a BMW 640i and a Porsche Panamera v6. Of course both those 'luxury' brands are nearly double the cost so Kia is pitching it as a "...more affordable option" rather than comparing it to say a 3series, Audi s4, infiniti q50s etc..

It's more comparable to a 440i Grand Coupe or an S5 Sport back. Its way bigger than a 3 series or even S4. Seats up, there is more room in the trunk than in the back of a VW Atlas. The Genesis G70 is more 3-series territory in size. The Audi retails for 72K CAD equiped similarly to the Stinger at 49K CAD.

Side note: The Stinger motor is fully closed deck block with beefy internals that supposedly is good for about 700hp. The transmission is design rated for 1100Nm( 800lb-ft ) in the service manual and all the drive line components are way beefier than necessary... It's like they *want* you to mod it...

Side note: The Stinger motor is fully closed deck block with beefy internals that supposedly is good for about 700hp. The transmission is design rated for 1100Nm( 800lb-ft ) in the service manual and all the drive line components are way beefier than necessary... It's like they *want* you to mod it...

Hmm.. If some good flex-fuel tunes come out, I just might have to pick one up :lol:

How's the maintenance/reliability?

No issues, but did not drive it much last year due to a multitude of unrelated mishaps conspiring against that. :spin: And don't drive it in winter (I need to move out of this hellhole so I can drive my cars, actually...).

If only they had added all that unnecessary beef with the Genesis Coupe, Hyundai would have had a Korean Supra on their hands...:rolleyes: Instead they add all that to an automatic sport family sedan.

WAT.:confused:

The more I read about the Stinger the more I like it, and I liked it to start with. Too bad I can't afford a 30k dollar car, much less an optioned one at 40+.
I could suck start a snow blower.

The more I read about the Stinger the more I like it, and I liked it to start with. Too bad I can't afford a 30k dollar car, much less an optioned one at 40+.
I hear that, but it's an interesting 3 to 4year old car option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Every time I hear 30-40-50-60g$ for a car I always think. What can I buy for 10-20g and throw another 20 into. That's what solidified my decision for the lgt rather than buying a c63 at the time. And guess what?, Definetly into it more than 20 :lol::( but happy at the same time since it's unique.

I already have one money hole to make it rain into (Supra), and the Honda is tempting me for mods because it's a damn civic and the aftermarket is freakin huge.

At least it's got the limited slip and those sweet vtak sounds.

I could suck start a snow blower.

The next car that I’m driving is my 2018 Honda Accord 2.0t Touring . It’s a 10speed automatic that is turbocharged.

I test drove one and I gotta say that 10spd is fantastic.

I just couldn't handle the FWD... but damn does that car rip the tires off.

The Honda is perfect for what it will be used for which is to give to our daughter to use for college. If it weren’t for the driver totaling my Ram, I would have picked up my Audi this year. Instead I needed a quick replacement and something that our daughter will be able to take over. I’ll be going with a basic Audi A5 Sportback as my needs aren’t like they were 20 years ago. Just doing an exhaust and SQ system upgrade in that one.78337bf6a7c132e521ba6983f250a0bd.jpg

Audi love for life

2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Every time I hear 30-40-50-60g$ for a car I always think. What can I buy for 10-20g and throw another 20 into. That's what solidified my decision for the lgt rather than buying a c63 at the time. And guess what?, Definetly into it more than 20 :lol::( but happy at the same time since it's unique.

I have done the $20K in mods & parts into couple $20K vehicles. Now, I would rather buy $50-60K car and put $1-2k of mods into that.

I have done the $20K in mods & parts into couple $20K vehicles. Now, I would rather buy $50-60K car and put $1-2k of mods into that.

This is a true statement right here. I just wish I could afford either. After dumping craxzy $$ into the LGT just wish I wouldve bought a Golf R or S3. Even still, I know my next car is gonna end up being an E39 M5

I made an agreement that I'll keep this car for 5 years (4yrs 8 mo left). It will be the longest I have had a car besides my old CJ-7 (10 yrs) and Grand Wagoneer (about 6-7 yrs). I'm thinking Wrangler or another Outback for my next vehicle. Or possibly get an old Jeep to work on so I can still get my Jeep fix. ;)