LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

AWD

There is no RWD/3.3T version, in Canada at least. The 2.0T is available RWD with 8spd AT or 6spd MT/LSD.

The pricing is a bit steep though. So I put a deposit on a Stinger as well, GT-Limited, which is like GT2 in the US but also has a suede roof liner, cup holder cover, 360 camera, wireless phone charging, heated rear seats and other stuff not available in the US for some reason.

I test drove the Stinger GT 2. The v6 twin turbo wants to roar like a v8 but it takes the 8 speed transmission 3 seconds to decide what gear it will put you in before putting the power to the road. Honestly I think it's a nice touring car but it has a few too many bells and whistles and there's no way to get it in a manual. It has a gear selector that snaps back to center and the infotainment looks like a horrible after thought glued to the top of the dash instead of being properly integrated. 6/10 would not buy

So does this mean you're replacing your LGT?

Yes. Not in a rush, but those two cars are shortlisted. I test drove a 2.0T Accord Sport 10-spd the other day... It was pretty great but I don't think I can do FWD. The 10-spd AT was fantastic, however and that motor pulls hard. It'll tear the tires off easily at part throttle. If it came in AWD it'd be a more serious contender but I haven't ruled it out.

I listed my GT for sale on Kijiji.... to see if anyone is interested.

Edited by brandon.mol

I test drove the Stinger GT 2. The v6 twin turbo wants to roar like a v8 but it takes the 8 speed transmission 3 seconds to decide what gear it will put you in before putting the power to the road. Honestly I think it's a nice touring car but it has a few too many bells and whistles and there's no way to get it in a manual. It has a gear selector that snaps back to center and the infotainment looks like a horrible after thought glued to the top of the dash instead of being properly integrated. 6/10 would not buy

I'm not likely looking for a manual this go around, so thats not a factor for me. So far every review Ive seen says the transmission is right up there with a ZF8 or close, so I'll see when I can my butt in one.

Regarding the infotainment - that "tablet on the dash" look is all the rage these days it seems, pretty near every car has it that way now. The infotainment system itself is excellent and has Android-Auto/Apple-Carplay (same system as my Hyundai Santa Fe Sport).

Yes. Not in a rush, but those two cars are shortlisted. I test drove a 2.0T Accord Sport 10-spd the other day... It was pretty great but I don't think I can do FWD. The 10-spd AT was fantastic, however and that motor pulls hard. It'll tear the tires off easily at part throttle. If it came in AWD it'd be a more serious contender but I haven't ruled it out.

I listed my GT for sale on Kijiji.... to see if anyone is interested.

I am in the market for the accord 2.0t sport 6 speed, but impossible to find in queens, and good luck getting a deal on 1 around here. Hondas sell themselves, they aren't giving discounts on any 2018 models just yet. I really need to get out from under this LGT and finance something that is practical. 450hp is just too much for a 3 mile commute to work, and way too much for NYC roads. Then again, i'd love an E39 M5 :)

I am in the market for the accord 2.0t sport 6 speed, but impossible to find in queens, and good luck getting a deal on 1 around here. Hondas sell themselves, they aren't giving discounts on any 2018 models just yet. I really need to get out from under this LGT and finance something that is practical. 450hp is just too much for a 3 mile commute to work, and way too much for NYC roads. Then again, i'd love an E39 M5 :)
Honda almost never gives discounts, they simply dont need offers to make sales. That's the good and bad with a brands like Honda, Subaru, or Toyota the popular models are priced at what they are. Otoh when you go to trade it or sell it, you get a lot back precisely because they don't discount their cars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• I Donated
Honda almost never gives discounts, they simply dont need offers to make sales. That's the good and bad with a brands like Honda, Subaru, or Toyota the popular models are priced at what they are. Otoh when you go to trade it or sell it, you get a lot back precisely because they don't discount their cars.

I was able to negotiate my WRX to invoice without much trouble when there was a 10 day supply on lots. Maybe Honda is different, but it's easy to negotiate Subarus down.

I was able to negotiate my WRX to invoice without much trouble when there was a 10 day supply on lots. Maybe Honda is different, but it's easy to negotiate Subarus down.
That has nothing to do with SOA offering discounts to buyers though, that is the dealership who probably gets a volume discount or kickback.

• I Donated
That has nothing to do with SOA offering discounts to buyers though, that is the dealership who probably gets a volume discount or kickback.

...So what you're saying is, you might be able to find a Honda dealer that does the same? :confused::confused:

The Honda dealers around me will compete with each other and have discounts like Subaru. I haven't bought a new Honda but a couple friend are faithful Honda owners and the Honda dealers seem to discount more than Subaru dealers will.

...So what you're saying is, you might be able to find a Honda dealer that does the same? :confused::confused:
Of course a dealer will try to finagle to get a sale but you won't find widespread discounts like Ford, Chevy, Hyundai, Kia, or Dodge offer.

I'm not likely looking for a manual this go around, so thats not a factor for me. So far every review Ive seen says the transmission is right up there with a ZF8 or close, so I'll see when I can my butt in one.

Regarding the infotainment - that "tablet on the dash" look is all the rage these days it seems, pretty near every car has it that way now. The infotainment system itself is excellent and has Android-Auto/Apple-Carplay (same system as my Hyundai Santa Fe Sport).

I'd say it's a relatively small screen even in the fully trimmed out GT2. It's also pretty slow to respond. Maybe Android auto will work better. Comparing to what is in a Tesla though it's really disappointing. It doesn't have to be that big but seeing how good that system works the one in the GT is a few years behind the latest tech.

Looks like next vehicle will be a 19 Subaru Ascent. Mrs and I had mind set on 17' Honda Pilot awd touring but dealership didnt want to make the deal. 40k out the door was a fair offer on our end i thing but it being 2nd week in january vs end of december is probably why it was a no go. The 2 Toyota dealers we went to were rude so no business for them. Kinda excited about the Ascend but scared its the 1st gen and recalls will happen. Oh wait who am i kidding its a Subaru, recalls are normal lmao. Keeping her 11 legacy and my 08 lgt. In the meantime we will be upgrading master bathroom and flooring in our home. And ill be building my car once we get our 3 row suv woot woot!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

the cvt for 3.6 has been out for a while and the 2.0 DIT has been out for a while as well. A 2.4 DIT will just be bigger. I'd say the Ascent shouldn't be a problem car...unless there is something brand new in it.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• I Donated
the cvt for 3.6 has been out for a while and the 2.0 DIT has been out for a while as well. A 2.4 DIT will just be bigger. I'd say the Ascent shouldn't be a problem car...unless there is something brand new in it.

So the EJ25 never had any problems that the EJ20 or EJ22 didn't?

How so? And was it different for both turbo and non-turbo variants?

I believe Subaru stepped away from using their sand casting and went to a cheaper process, iirc it was on all the ej25 motors. It was after a few failures they added some deck supports back in.

• I Donated
I believe Subaru stepped away from using their sand casting and went to a cheaper process, iirc it was on all the ej25 motors. It was after a few failures they added some deck supports back in.

I doubt that had anything to do with the ringland issues on the EJ255/EJ257.

When I say it shouldnt be a problem car, it doesnt mean that it is not a Subaru.

My main concerns would be the drivetrain. With a 3.6r cvt since 2015 and the 2.0 DIT since 2015, Subaru should have dealt with major issues.

You should still expect minor issues from Subaru no matter how many years pass on a particular model.

Point in fact is the twitchy idle and rev-hang for the WRX. The tune is supposedly improved and better than the original rev but every once in a while a new wrx owner has a new post wondering if it is "normal".

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek