LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Stick the JB4 n you got an M...I love that car hate the maintanence

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That JB4 sounds pretty impressive, and at a reasonable cost. And only $25 for flex fuel hardware?? Weird about that "not available in CA" though. Do they actually not ship to CA?

That JB4 sounds pretty impressive, and at a reasonable cost. And only $25 for flex fuel hardware?? Weird about that "not available in CA" though. Do they actually not ship to CA?

The flex fuel? You won't really need it... But Cali has really odd restrictions. There are guys who can't even get vibrant race cats due to emission

that's on 93 and a 2nd gear launch

My old co-worker had one, it throws you back in your seat unlike anything except a few supercars

Edited by Golferdude1087

Yup, I went as far as test driving one at the dealer. You can get a great one for 30k, or less. Aftermarket has a few nice little bolt-on turbo kits for them, and the Boxster :dm:

No need for turbo kits. The prices for them are good. Actually have a used car dealer that specializes in Porsches literally walking distance from my job. They have two that I constantly drool over.

They may feel gutless, but I would bet they can beat most 400 lb ft cars around a race track. It's all subjective, posche motors rarely produce massive torque but I would bet they have more area under the torque curve than most cars. Peak numbers are meaningless when it comes to performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

They may feel gutless, but I would bet they can beat most 400 lb ft cars around a race track. It's all subjective, posche motors rarely produce massive torque but I would bet they have more area under the torque curve than most cars. Peak numbers are meaningless when it comes to performance.

They are definitely great track cars, that punch above their weight when properly wielded. Still gutless!

Torque is what you feel on the butt dyno, and I want more than the Cayman has to offer in stock trim.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I would rather have a car that is fast than one that feels fast...lol.

It's a good thing this thread is about personal preference ;)

You're welcome to bring your stock Cayman around to see how it does against my boosted one.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I've driven a couple Caymans and they are slow! They are great for hugging turns but you don't feel any power until 4th gear. No offense to anyone but they are a poor man's Porsche.

Is there a specific model year you are deeming to be slow? All but two have sub 5 sec 0 to 60 and 12.x 1/4 mile times. Not slow by my reckoning. And they can handle...

Is there a specific model year you are deeming to be slow? All but two have sub 5 sec 0 to 60 and 12.x 1/4 mile times. Not slow by my reckoning. And they can handle...

Like you said, numbers rarely tell the whole story. They get off the line very well because MR engine layout, light weight, and good gearing. However, mash the gas at highway speed, and you'd better get a snickers :lol:

Have you driven one? Or are you magazine racing here?

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

It's rather sad to me that the closest alternative replacement for the LGT is the upcoming 2017 Ford Fusion Sport w/twin turbo 2.7L V6 & AWD w/325HP & 380FP for ~$35K. I've never been that big a fan of Ford, nor the other domestics now that I've been spoiled by my Subaru LGT and Toyota Sequoia.

The LGT was my 1st Subaru and I've really become a HUGE fan of the effectiveness of Subaru AWD here in Syracuse NY where we average 10 feet of snow per season. I'm not so sure that the Ford Fusion AWD system will be anywhere near as effective, and since I put ~20K miles per year on my commuting vehicle, that's a serious concern. I've read that the new Lincoln MKZ & Continental will be optionally available with the same "torque-vectoring" AWD setup as the Ford Focus RS, and wonder if that would compete better with Subaru AWD.

I've been considering getting a powerful, dynamic RWD car to drive for 6 months, and then relegate my LGT to winter driving status for the rest of the year, but I'm not sure it would be worth it to me to maintain 2 separate commuter vehicles in terms of maintenance, repairs, insurance, etc.

As a replacement for my Legacy GT, I've put together a short list of ~$34-45K vehicles in no particular order:

1. CPO Lexus GS 350 AWD

2. CPO Lexus LS 460 AWD

3. CPO Volvo V60 R-design or Polestar AWD

3. 2017 Ford Fusion Sport AWD

4. 2017 Mazda CX-9 AWD (no sports car, but a cool vehicle. Imagine a Mazda 6 2.5 turbo AWD!)

5. 2018 Subaru WRX (pending redesign specifics of course!)

Like you said, numbers rarely tell the whole story. They get off the line very well because MR engine layout, light weight, and good gearing. However, mash the gas at highway speed, and you'd better get a snickers [emoji38]

Have you driven one? Or are you magazine racing here?

I am really just curious about your line of reasoning for what you are stating. And your relative view. ;)

If the engine is not facing fore and aft the way God intended, it won't be in the garage.

Can't abide by high-HP torque steered FWD models with added-on AWD drivetrains.

Nope, not gonna happen.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I am really just curious about your line of reasoning for what you are stating. And your relative view. ;)

No worries. My relative view is a little skewed, having driven many of the exotic cars on the market. To most people a Cayman would seem plenty fast. However, drive one back to back with a McLaren and that sentiment might change!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

The 911 996 GT2= a properly designed 3.6R twin turbo lol

I want to see if the 2018 legacy actually has a power redesign, I'm almost certain no manual but I can pray

Edited by Golferdude1087

You got a better shot at getting a manual toyota sienna at this point lol.

Hahaha true.

The 3 new on my list are

1) jag xe 3.0T. engines been tuned for 400/400 already

2)Q50 red sport (provided they fix the bleh steering)

3) Ford fusion sport. Stock might be 325 but engine with bolt ons in a 2.3L H4 mustang gets to 400/460. Fusion bet goes near or above that.

Everyone's got their own wants

I think something with electric motors at all four wheels would be acceptable...as long as I could gas-up and recharge them as I drive.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hahaha true.

The 3 new on my list are

1) jag xe 3.0T. engines been tuned for 400/400 already

2)Q50 red sport (provided they fix the bleh steering)

3) Ford fusion sport. Stock might be 325 but engine with bolt ons in a 2.3L H4 mustang gets to 400/460. Fusion bet goes near or above that.

Everyone's got their own wants

I like the idea of the fusion, I just don't see the drive train holding up over the long haul even completely stock.

If I had to go domestic, I would probably go rwd, charger most likely maybe an ss if I could get the price right.

Edited by FLlegacy

I like the idea of the fusion, I just don't see the drive train holding up over the long haul even completely stock.

If I had to go domestic, I would probably go rwd, charger most likely maybe an ss if I could get the price right.

I heard rumors the RS drive train will last the length of the warranty then basically blow up.

Ford has TREMENDOUSLY upped reliability over the years but, still concerned.

If they ever made a v8 charger in AWD I would be in. I drooled a bit over the scat pack (485hp) with very flat torque curve but RWD, I can't afford a sports car as my weekend vehicle yet