LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy gas mileage not as reported

I have had my 2020 Legacy now for 6 weeks and the gas mileage is no where closed to the posted mileage on the car.

I am getting around 25 mpg in the city and the most I have got on the highway was 31 mpg but the average highway is 29 mpg.

The average all around is about 27 mpg.

Is anyone else getting better mileage in there Legacy?

I live in Las Vegas if this helps, because the roads here are not flat so it is up and down.

Edited by rockier

Assuming you have a base model not an XT ?

Do you let the car warm up, or get in, start it up and drive it ?

Warming it up will kill mpg. You shouldn't need to let it warm up.

How much time do you spend at traffic light's sitting in traffic...?

Fill the tank, get on the highway, drive it at 65mph for 60 miles and check the mpg.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I imagine it will break in a bit as well as what Max said. Also you may not have it but here we have crappy winter gas that takes a couple mpgs off at least. Just bought a forester and it is also nowhere near the supposed mileage but still breaking it in so not worried yet. Summer road trips will be more the test IMO.

Gearhead, I filled the car up and got right on the highway and went 61.3 miles at 70 miles an hour on cruse and it took 1.96 gals to fill it back up. As you can see it got 31.2 mpg. Not close to 35 mpg.

I bought the Legacy Limited. It is fully loaded with everything.

Around town is about 25 mpg and yes I warm it up about 1 min and take off.

It shows I used .3 mpg before taking off.

Do not get me wrong I love the car. One of the best cars I have ever ordered and bought. The only thing I hate is the auto stop/start.

Oh, The car only has 2300 miles on it so yes it has some time to break in and maybe get better.

Edited by rockier

You’ve gotta let it break in. The engine will be tight for quite a while. The fuel economy didn’t really settle on my wife’s ‘18 Forester until it was about 10k. Really anybody I know who has bought a new car has reported the same thing when they’re paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve gotta let it break in. The engine will be tight for quite a while. The fuel economy didn’t really settle on my wife’s ‘18 Forester until it was about 10k. Really anybody I know who has bought a new car has reported the same thing when they’re paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I was thinking. That it needs more mileage on it for it to break in.

I was just seeing if any one else has a 2020 Subaru and they are getting better mileage or what is posted on the car.

Thanks everyone for the input.