LegacyGT.com

2.5i turbo build plans

Not sure if you're too far in the build to go with the following option, but may help others.

Rather than use an up pipe to mount the turbo in the classic location, should buy a stock 5th gen header and turbo (low mount).

Anyway this means you'd have no up-pipe and rather than a down pipe you would have a J-pipe. So much more simple.

That way you have the efficiency of a low mount location (great spool) and also not have to worry about cutting the cross member .

This would likely involve using the Gen V legaxy GT sump because it is smaller so it clears the headers.

Other benifit would be that the intercooler piping would be quite short if pairing this with a FMIC.

Finally I should mention that I will be testing a 2015+ WRX header and turbo (mgt2259s) on my ej25 gen v . If it bolts up, this would be another option for those wanting to turbocharge an NA ej25 for cheap (my header and WRX low mount turbo cost $400 aud delivered with only 8000km on it). I picked up a complete 2015 + J-pipe and complete stock exhaust for $100.

I’m interested to see your test results.. that would be an easy option!

I have all of my parts already, so it’s not something that I’ll be trying..but I will definitely spread the word if it is a viable option.

Thanks!

Video 1.5 is up!

https://youtu.be/m6urye4xIX0

Lots of work done today.. and more tomorrow. I'll have a video up next week of us actually working!

Some progress pics:

Installing the AWIC radiator and pump

K2iSZ7S.jpg

NSqzBOX.jpg

Pump and relay/fuse box 100% complete

SjFeaWK.jpg

Inside the pump relay/fuse box

TEgOqEL.jpg

Radiator complete

2H0bV5I.jpg

Hella horn mounting

lh5wnLl.jpg