LegacyGT.com

Need New Struts

I have a 2013 3.6 Limited. My front left strut is leaking so I figured with the car just out of warranty, its time to upgrade to a better quality suspension. I want to change all 4 struts and springs to something a little more performance orientated. I don't want to lower the car but if I have to only minimally,less than an inch if possible.

I cant seem to find a website that sells everything all together. I want one site that sells it all. Where is everyone getting their parts from?

I have a 2013 3.6 Limited. My front left strut is leaking so I figured with the car just out of warranty, its time to upgrade to a better quality suspension. I want to change all 4 struts and springs to something a little more performance orientated. I don't want to lower the car but if I have to only minimally,less than an inch if possible.

I cant seem to find a website that sells everything all together. I want one site that sells it all. Where is everyone getting their parts from?

Lots of people tend to swap their suspension to the 2013 Legacy Suspension, since they have a pre-2013 Legacy with the softer suspension that many people didn't like nearly as much. Maybe go OEM and use Subaru's suspension parts from a 2013... Unless someone else has a better sugestion for aftermarket suspensions.

Since you have a 13 already, you would need to go with coilovers or aftermarket springs to get a stiffer ride. Idk of any springs with less than 1" drop. I think Eibach pro are the least drop at ~1.25" drop.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think RCE blacks are 20mm/0.8" advertised drop, but they're also on the stiff side. I thought Eibachs are ~1.00" drop, and H&R are closer to 1.25"? Either way, you could pair any of those spring options with tophat spacers to negate some or all of the drop. Koni front shock inserts and rear drop-ins would be a good call, if you're interested in cutting your stock front shocks to fit.

Thanks.

Makes sense now. All I could find as far as struts was KYB OEM type. I am not a big fan of KYB but I guess that's all that is available without going with coil overs.

Has KYB gone off in the last several years? I put two sets of KYB struts in my and my wife’s cars several — like ten — years ago and they were fine.

I hope not! I’ve had that experience with Meyle parts for my German cars. They were great until them moved their factory to someplace cheaper than Germany and now half their stuff falls apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has KYB gone off in the last several years? I put two sets of KYB struts in my and my wife’s cars several — like ten — years ago and they were fine.

I hope not! I’ve had that experience with Meyle parts for my German cars. They were great until them moved their factory to someplace cheaper than Germany and now half their stuff falls apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the mid 90's when my grandmother passed away, I took her 1988 Olds Delta 88 coupe with only 28,000 miles on it. I wanted a stiffer ride so I swapped the stock springs with Moog Cargo Coils and KYB shocks and struts. After a month or so, one of the rear shocks blew out and I had to drive about 20 miles home with the rear of the car bouncing around. Ever since, I have not used KYB for anything.

Edited by Aces36