LegacyGT.com

Battery Suggestions?

Over 7 years on my OEM battery and it's time to replace. Can't find the same model anymore (82110 AJ10A) so I'm interested in some suggestions for a good cold weather battery as a replacement. Current CCA are 490 and certainly able to go higher for a quality replacement.

What do some of you suggest?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Great suggestion and informative video.

So here's a question....the fitment says I need a type 25 battery to replace the one currently installed. However, not a lot of great products for that type. Anyone have a different type in a 2012 Legacy 4 cyl and if so what.

Thank you.

Thanks.

Great suggestion and informative video.

So here's a question....the fitment says I need a type 25 battery to replace the one currently installed. However, not a lot of great products for that type. Anyone have a different type in a 2012 Legacy 4 cyl and if so what.

Thank you.

I think a group 34 fits too. But I cant recall where that information is, maybe gteaser will pop in I am sure he knows. Or check his build thread.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Walmart, Max Ever Start batteries. about $100 and will last as long as OEM if not longer.

Because I live in a cold climate I replace mine before the 6th winter. Cheap insurance against a dead battery in January.

Both my cars and my 86 F150 have them. The wagon being built in May 2004 is on its second Max Ever Start.

Look up your car on the chart by the batteries at Walmart.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've got this in my Legacy just had to slice the battery protective thingy to allow longer battery. Just don't get the "F" one as the poles are reversed.https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Lead-Acid-Automotive-Battery-Group-24/49988388

There is also a 55 page thread over on the Outback Forums if you want to punish yourself on this subject.

My car had a Duralast Gold battery in it when I bought it. I had to replace it recently since it was getting tired, cranking slowly and making 11.2-11.5V since it’s been getting colder here. It was only three years old, but naturally the warranty isn’t transferable. I got a screaming deal on an Optima Red Top and put that in. So far so good, though it’s only been a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either a group 24 or 34 should fit and give you a lot more capacity than a 25. Be sure to get a 24 not a 24F, the 24F has the posts reversed for a Subaru. I have had good luck with Walmart Everstart Max and the Interstate batteries sold at Costco. Don't worry too much about the brand name of the battery, all the car batteries sold in the U.S. are made by only 3 or 4 companies and stores that sell them put their own brand names on them.

My dad always preached making sure the battery is full, so I check the battery once a year and often have to add distilled water. (obviously this doesn't work for sealed battery or gel battery like an optima) I didn't do this initially as an adult, but I have been of late and I have been getting much better life out of my batteries.

Interstate Big boy, it's about 120-130, 6 year batt and they will replace it free after 2 years if it has a problem. I had starting issues in my 08 and they gave me a new battery. come to find out it was the Alt lol.

Friend told me Interstate got allot better over the years and swear by them. I remember those battery's. I could not even get a year and half out of them this was back in the 1990s.

Look like my Deka supplier/retailer next door to the shop is changing his prices daily and sometime he is overcharge for the same battery.

Look like I may get the Interstate battery from Costco. I need to change out the Subaru battery ASAP. The Original battery takes a bit longer to turn over when it's cold outside.

Friend told me Interstate got allot better over the years and swear by them. I remember those battery's. I could not even get a year and half out of them this was back in the 1990s.

Look like my Deka supplier/retailer next door to the shop is changing his prices daily and sometime he is overcharge for the same battery.

Look like I may get the Interstate battery from Costco. I need to change out the Subaru battery ASAP. The Original battery takes a bit longer to turn over when it's cold outside.

My original Subaru battery lasted around 5 1/2 years. Near the end of its life it did make the car turn over very slow, especially in the winter here in Mass. Got it replaced, and it obviously was night and day...

the 2010 outback I have now has a Johnson Controls Champion battery installed and it is a AGM. not sure of the installation date as it is not on said battery. Must be somewhat new as it cranks the car over good even when it has been -10F and colder outside.

• 1 month later...