LegacyGT.com

Headlight Adjust??

taken from another forum:

"The adjuster for vertical drivers side is located forward of the battery using an 8 mm (memory so could be 7 mm) socket cw to raise ccw to lower. Pass side you take the air snorkle out to the air filter and you can see the adjuster bolt.

The picture shows the adjuster with the housing out off the car. It must be a cadium plated bolt because you can see it fairly well. "

Hope this helps...

102064411_lowbeamadjscrewcopy.thumb.jpg.254a984fa68c1096e30e762673ce7f5a.jpg

759439851_LowBeamVerticalAdjuster.thumb.jpg.ffefca4d300ebd1ac86b2f690c444405.jpg

No horizontal adjustment (supposedly JDM HID headlights do have it). :(

You can get to both the regular vertical adjustment bolts (LHS and RHS) without removing any parts (except maybe the intake duct) with some extensions. It takes significantly more turning to get the beams to 'budge' than you'd think is needed. Just keep turning.

Anyone who is lowered on RCEs and below (say 0.8"+, and especially anything lower than 1.5") would benefit from adjusting the H7s beam back up. Night driving is vastly improved with properly aimed headlights.

Anyone who is lowered on RCEs and below (say 0.8"+, and especially anything lower than 1.5") would benefit from adjusting the H7s beam back up. Night driving is vastly improved with properly aimed headlights.

Thanks, never thought about that. Now off to my private flat spot with wall (actually, the back side of the elementary school just down the street).

Greetings All,

Thanks for all your input. I have checked my lights on a flat surface and the height seems OK, but both headlights are pointing at roughly the same angle of about 30 degrees fom straight ahead. In other words, while my lights are doing a great job of illuminating things that lie off to my left, straight ahead is not so good and worse yet, the right side is almost dark!

I have replaced both low beams bulbs recently, so perhaps I installed them wrong?? Is there really no horizontal adjustment? I would like to avoid a trip to the dealer if I could.

Thanks,

Nels

• 4 years later...
^^This. Recently someone else had this problem because the bulbs were not reinstalled flush with the housing making them off center.

Thanks this was my problem after changing the headlight bulb.

I was thinking "wow, is this misalignment because the bulb is different from the OEM bulb? Or maybe I messed up the horizontal alignment while trying to get the bulb in there?"

I found on the passenger side, remove the intake snorkel and look straight down. The hex head of the adjusting bolt is hard to get too but you can use a long flat head screw diver and turn the teeth looking right up at you that are on the adjusting bolt. Just stick the screwdriver in one of the teeth and turn. It will make more sense when you see it. Works on drivers too but you can get a wrench or socket on it.

At least this was true for my 14' lights. Can't confirm for 12' and down.

Archived