LegacyGT.com

Return to the Forum- Grabbed a 21 Touring XT

Been a few years as I was in a full size SUV. Not needed at this point so went shopping. NX300, Volvo, RAV etc etc. I know my dealer pretty well (this is car #3, Legacy #2) so looked at the Legacy again. Reviews are so-so, JD Power I saw is not sure about reliability but I think for the value+ safty, it's hard to beat. Also the WRX motor adds some much needed pep (now I just need a tune lol). Lacks a bit of refinement but all the creature comforts are there plus some pep. Today is organize day and Starlink customization. Friday is tint. I got black and after originally thinking gray. More work but with the brown leather, it looks nice.

Good to be back and looking for little mod ideas here and there and of course any advice from members. Kinda a shock from SUV to sedan, but it feels good after just a day. Had 5 miles on it...I'm going to top 25 today! Smells funny but that's just new. I also got to remember to keep my foot out of it for 1k or so.

Thanks in advance for any comments or tips.... I can't possibly read every manual but I got thru the 50 page "quick start"....

(I guess I can't change my user name which is now dated? But what the heck, that was a great car back then too)

Let me know if the Harman Kardon stereo in your '21 has a speed volume control?

I remember seeing it but I'm still going thru all the customization. It is a good stereo suitable for Sirius etc. Not fantastic but I would say 7 of 10? Dang sure better than base but not near my previous stock Mark Levinson. But that's fine. I need music in the car, not an audiophile experience. I got that at home (lol)

I did see this listed as well for a 21 Touring XT with the HK:

576 watt harman/kardon surround sound system w/12 speakers, 3.5mm auxiliary input jack and front dual USB input ports

Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls

Edited by Ronin3.6R

Pilot- I looked at Outback Onyx real hard. I think I'm fine in the sedan and the Outback Touring was starting to get pricey.

Subiefan - I get tint today. I mean you can't have a black car w/o tint! Hopefully grab a pic or two just for fun. Almost went gray for just ease of care however already see spider webs! However the design is pretty basic so black made it pop a bit more. I don't mind washing and waxing a bit.

I remember seeing it but I'm still going thru all the customization. It is a good stereo suitable for Sirius etc. Not fantastic but I would say 7 of 10? Dang sure better than base but not near my previous stock Mark Levinson. But that's fine. I need music in the car, not an audiophile experience. I got that at home (lol)

I did see this listed as well for a 21 Touring XT with the HK:

576 watt harman/kardon surround sound system w/12 speakers, 3.5mm auxiliary input jack and front dual USB input ports

Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls

Check again, I bet it's not there and this is lame for a high end audio system if you ask me.

My grandpa's 2003 Mercedes C class had that feature, so 17 years later we don't get it, lol[emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The '18 Mazda 3 I traded for the Legacy had a "7 speed" Speed Compensated Volume Control in its base 6 sp audio...

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats. I have an Outback Onyx XT on order myself. ;)

Edit - apparently I commented on this a few weeks ago. Congrats again either way. Sucks getting old and not remembering stuff I guess!

Edited by Pilot1226

Congrats. I have an Outback Onyx XT on order myself. ;)

Welcome back Ronnin3.6r. That name will have to stick and all the new kids will have to wonder what the 3.6 means haha. I'm setting aside money for wheels and suspension along with tint and will be hunting down some aero parts. Found a couple places in Taiwan that manufacturer for Subaru so we'll see.

Like Pilot1226 though I might swing for the Outback over the Legacy but I love the stance of the Legacy. Just sold my Forrester because what I thought would be just a ho hum car really got me itching for something faster. :). We shall see! I know my dealer real well too and can get both cars for the same price with equal trims.

Thanks All.

Zen- Drive them both and see what you think. The Forester I drove felt good and the integration between the CVT and motor was top notch. That lacks a bit on the Legacy even though it certainly has more pep. Im still breaking in but crossed 500 miles so a little more throttle can be exercised (in my plan anyway) on the way to 1K. I'm getting about 27.3 mpg as well. I looked at Outback of course but traded in a full size SUV as I don't really need that much room. If I can haul 5 at times, I'm good. Me and grand-kids +1. Also saved a bit of cash on a Legacy Touring vs Outback. Deals can be had as they are not as popular. I have a good relationship with my dealer too. If you want to compare shop I'd be glad to give you my guys name who I have bought two Legacy's from. Have a good day....

Thanks All.

Zen- Drive them both and see what you think. The Forester I drove felt good and the integration between the CVT and motor was top notch. That lacks a bit on the Legacy even though it certainly has more pep. Im still breaking in but crossed 500 miles so a little more throttle can be exercised (in my plan anyway) on the way to 1K. I'm getting about 27.3 mpg as well. I looked at Outback of course but traded in a full size SUV as I don't really need that much room. If I can haul 5 at times, I'm good. Me and grand-kids +1. Also saved a bit of cash on a Legacy Touring vs Outback. Deals can be had as they are not as popular. I have a good relationship with my dealer too. If you want to compare shop I'd be glad to give you my guys name who I have bought two Legacy's from. Have a good day....

I just noticed why you referred me to a dealer in Colorado! :lol: I have since moved out of Colorado but frequently go back. My contacts are at both Heuberger in the Springs and AutoNation in Centennial. Those are my go to dealers. My Forester was ok at best but I wanted something faster than the 184hp status quo. :).

I have driven the Outback XT and enjoyed the ride. I want to see how the Legacy feels being slightly lower to the ground. That’s what will be the deciding factor.

Hey I’d be willing to drive to Ft. Collins-ish for a good deal but I think I have that handled. If anything changes though I’ll toss a PM your way! :)

The ride is arguably the best quality of the Legacy I think. Then features (Touring) and then hp at 260. Longmont, not Ft. Collins but sounds like you are connected just fine.. Good luck. Let me know what you decide and why......take care....