LegacyGT.com

What are the specs for the bolt for the cam sensor?

Had a vac leak out the passenger side cam sensor (by the turbo) that was causing stalling and some hesitation. Replaced the o-ring and got everything buttoned up except the bolt is lost in the engine bay and doesn't seem like it has any intention of showing up again. I need to make a trip to Ace and see if they have the bolt.

Anybody know what the specs of the bolt are? I've found guides online showing this to be an 8 mm bolt, but mine was 10 mm for whatever reason. Made it a hell of a lot harder to remove since it was too large to fit a wrench on... but alas.

Had a vac leak out the passenger side cam sensor (by the turbo) that was causing stalling and some hesitation. Replaced the o-ring and got everything buttoned up except the bolt is lost in the engine bay and doesn't seem like it has any intention of showing up again. I need to make a trip to Ace and see if they have the bolt.

Anybody know what the specs of the bolt are? I've found guides online showing this to be an 8 mm bolt, but mine was 10 mm for whatever reason. Made it a hell of a lot harder to remove since it was too large to fit a wrench on... but alas.

its a M6 1.00 with a length of 12mm with 10mm of thread. So a M6 1.0 x 15mm/10mm will work

look for a helicoil or some other thread repair. Just because you have a 10mm bolt doesn't mean you need 10mm of torque.

sohc has these values:

Tightening torque:

Camshaft position sensor support

6.4 Nm (0.65 kgf-m, 4.7 ft-lb)

Camshaft position sensor

dohc has these values:

Tightening torque:

for handy reference, the oil drain plug is 20 ft-lb or hand tight plus a bit (depending on your exercise regimen)

Edited by boxkita

the reason you needed a 10mm socket is because its a 10mm head lol..... all the m6 bolts are 10mm socket! You were applying the wrong material to your setup. m8's are usually 12mm.... when you start replacing bolts a lot you start to see the patterns.