LegacyGT.com

This is aggravating

your 100% right! but life isn't fair a lot of times lol, but it looks like its eating at you. My best suggestion would be to order a new one from that dealership, tell them you want it at cost, or at a extreme discount. Bring it home, do it yourself!, cause if you want something done right.... you know the rest, or bring it to someone else or tell them to install it free of charge. And make sure they don't damage the old one, you take that old one sell it on ebay, and try to recoup some of your loss.

This is one of those situations where you have to take a hit. Just like if some stranger walking down the road punches you in the face, we know its not fair or right but you can fight back, but you both will end up bloody or run and minimize damage.

At this point a new dash is whats going to make you happy again, so I would start thinking of how to minimize the loss.

Yea, I've come to that realization after seeing the 2 new scratches after the guy literally just "fixed" the rest. I don't want to keep driving out there and leaving my car there. Lesson learned.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some minor dash damage during the 1st recall. They had to replace an A/C vent that they cracked. A few other dig marks I have to live with. now there is a 2nd recall 'cus they used crappy detonators again. I'm afraid to go back. Seem like professionals would be good at this by now.

I had some minor dash damage during the 1st recall. They had to replace an A/C vent that they cracked. A few other dig marks I have to live with. now there is a 2nd recall 'cus they used crappy detonators again. I'm afraid to go back. Seem like professionals would be good at this by now.

This was my second recall as well. Different dealship, first one left tiny mark, also didn't reinstall my mirror control properly and my glove box fell off soon as I opened it, took it back and they fixed it and apologized. I never got an apology from this dealership, just excuses.

I wish you all the luck in the world man, take pictures and maybe talk with the service manager prior.

This thread is scaring the crap out of me. I haven't done the air bag recall yet just for this reason... I don't trust them (or anyone) working on my car. I don't think the OPs expectations are too high. There should be no sign they touched anything, it should come back just as it was. If I take mine in and they can't promise that I will never leave my car. I have owned my car for 10 years and have been very careful, I think its in amazing shape for over 300K miles. I would be freak out angry if it came back with damage like the OPs.

I feel for you man, and thank you for the heads up, I will be very clear about my expectations if I take it in.

Gary

Edited by All_talk

This thread is scaring the crap out of me. I haven't done the air bag recall yet just for this reason... I don't trust them (or anyone) working on my car. I don't think the OPs expectations are too high. There should be no sign they touched anything, it should come back just as it was. If I take mine in and they can't promise that I will never leave my car. I have owned my car for 10 years and have been very careful, I think its in amazing shape for over 300K miles. I would be freak out angry if it came back with damage like the OPs.

I feel for you man, and thank you for the heads up, I will be very clear about my expectations if I take it in.

Gary

Remove the center vents and glovebox before you go in yourself is my advice. If you expect to not be able to see any indication at all that they removed the center vents, I think you will be let down.

Edit: I forgot one guy also mentioned the right/passenger vent, might want to remove that as well.

Edited by apexi

• 6 months later...