LegacyGT.com

Building a mystery?

I want to thank you guys for being so welcoming in the new users thread. I will appreciate any and all help that I can get in making the car I have be the car I love (not that I don't already).

I bought it on Valentines day this year and it was in pretty rough shape body wise, but the car ran and drove well enough. Having only had one Subaru before this one (a 2012 I Premium) that was modified quite a bit and then wrecked broke my heart, but I fell in love with Subaru after owning that car. I come from a long background of building and modifying cars and have owned everything from a mini truck *1987 Mazda B-2000 bagged and bodydropped* to multiple Mitsubishi's *mostly galants and 2 vr4's* while delving into classics such as my old 1969 GMC C-2500 and my favorite toy being an 87 Mazda RX-7 drift demon.

This car, however, is going to be like my galants before and my old legacy, a family car that is fun to drive as well as reliable to get us around.

This was the day I bought her, nicknamed Sadie on the MySubaru site.

uaJ7Qj3.jpg

Jm6uYmi.jpg

When I got her, I immediately fell in love, there are many things that I knew needed to be done immediately considering her age and life in the midwest. I started reading the forums here and took in everything that I could. While I have a family and work very hard to maintain a comfortable lifestyle, I have done it with 0 credit to my name, so the money I spend is always cash in hand and can take some time to gather and work on things.

The first thing I read about was the exhaust, and how truly restrictive and unhealthy it can be for the vehicle. While that is one of the cheaper things to fix, as well as already having had a rotted exhaust system and broken flange for the driver side muffler (hogzaust sounding) I knew I needed this fixed immediately as the whole inside smelt of exhaust when on the throttle or at a stop light.

With that, I ordered parts, and out with the old;

xqabN6c.jpg

and in with the new;

8WCCZzm.jpg

JqHYn11.jpg

yse0WLP.jpg

3" turboback exhaust installed in a little over 3 hours on my driveway.

This made me feel quite a bit happier as it cleared a LOT of problems with the way the car ran and drove. I also could no longer smell exhaust in the car and in taking everything apart I found the huge boost leak at the IC to TB hose and fixed it as well.

Before anyone asks, yes I broke a bolt in the turbo housing to the IC. I did what the impreza guys do and drilled it out and used a bolt/nut to address it.

Then came the realization that I knew about from my old legacy. I need a tune. :spin:

I ordered a VAG-COM cable and used my laptop to address it with Romraider and a Stage 2 tune that works very well for the 5eats. All good.

At this point I'm pretty happy with it but just doing some cosmetic repairs and modifications while I decide what I need/want to do next.

So far;

Headlights

Before

0jhSZJb.jpg

After

KqUmlsl.jpg

Getting ready for aftermarket radio dash as well as cleaning up the muck

XpY9hG0.jpg

Setting up for my BtSSM

JZso9wU.jpg

HBwXhCa.jpg

SndZNWq.jpg

This is all after performing the regular maintenance on a used vehicle that you would purchase, of course.

Right now, I am searching for a good condition front drivers fender and door(skin, no window or anything else needed) as well as rear leather seat bottom and the driver seat bottom. The seats are just tore up from what seems like a huge dog running wild in the car for a few weeks or something.

If there are any suggestions you guys have to looking into for other easy/cheap things let me know. I've searched through a lot of the forums and have seen quite a few neat ideas, such as making a set of LED taillights, though I wouldn't know where to start.

Edited by IronJade