LegacyGT.com

Goodbye #273

Utmost

Driving up I25 in the snow an '91 Astrovan slid out, spinning across three lanes, and smashed into the front passenger corner of my beautiful spec...

It's been totaled due to the bent frame at the passenger side rear door.

I'll be re-acquiring it soon.

I don't have a ton of cash to throw at a new ride since insurance is only paying enough to cover the loan and the buyback, but I quickly need to get into a more functional car to haul around my big slobbery dog. ( fozzy, outback or of course legacy wagon come to mind)

Should I try to locate an a used LGT / OBXT (not an easy task) or or get wicked and transplant my spec bits into something else (again not an easy task)

I loved that car and want hold on to as much of it as is marginally sane, but I don't have time or $$ to do anything absurd.

image.thumb.jpg.2a20e5f0626250d78f4cc28be2a8b0ce.jpg

Damn, really sorry to see that. I vote that you get it fixed. Talk to Money, he seems to always have extra LGT parts.

Grind up the totalled parts, and sell "Spec B dust" to cover your losses.

Seriously though, that really sucks.

Sorry for your loss OP. :(

FYI, there was no '05 Spec.B.

'06 had Titanium Silver Metallic paint with Brick Red Leather. <- This was the only year that had numbered plaques.

'07 had Diamond Grey Metallic paint with black leather and blue Alcantara inserts.

'08-'09 had several colors and black leather with black Alcantara inserts.

Dang! This makes me sad at unbearable levels.

Did the motor take damage? If not, I would look for a cheap, maybe blown drive train, Legacy. You don't need the turbo power train if you can just swap yours over. Additionally, I see no reason you could not just swap over all of the spec-b awesomeness to a new frame. Utmost could have the first FrankenSpecB known!

Well I have the specwreck back in my possession.

I've decided to see how much spec I can port into a Gen 3 wagon.

As such I will be in the market for advice, parts and a buncha help over the coming weeks.

Anyone know of a nice, high miles 2001 leggy wagon? :)

Well I have the specwreck back in my possession.

I've decided to see how much spec I can port into a Gen 3 wagon.

As such I will be in the market for advice, parts and a buncha help over the coming weeks.

Anyone know of a nice, high miles 2001 leggy wagon? :)

No gen4? Gen4 would be so much easier to swap... You could have the only SpecB Wagon in the country...

Finse- I'd love to get a gen 4, id get to keep all the crap Ive bought for it. (lca bushings, weathertech, etc) but unfortunately I'm not in a financial position to get back into one. I gotta have a running vehicle until I can do the swap and I can't really afford what the market is asking for them right now.

If anyone out in leggy-land knows of an 05 wagon for cheap...

So I found an 05 gt wagon with 160k. Decent shape, some dents and dings but its fully loaded, ( automatic unfortunately) slotted rotors and silicon hoses. It was driven damn hard or well cared for, 1 owner. I'm optimistic. $7961

I may get a spec wagon yet. :)

Archived