LegacyGT.com

Bilestein VS Koni

I can't believe the 8610-1453S are backordered again. Did you call Koni directly? There should be another shipment coming before Fall if the one from last April/May is sold out already. Koni now lists the 8610-1447S for fitment from 05 all the way thru 14 Legacy, so you can use those. Are those backordered too?

Funny thing I should add. Just today I got a message from Koni indicating a problem with my payment. (My bank has a daily withdrawal limit.) So that should indicate that they are actually shipping??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had both, Koni is comfortable and the car drives well. Bilsteins is still comfortable, but the handling feels much more responsive and better feedback. Bilsteins are not available anymore last I checked, so if you can find it at a good price used, I'd go for that. If not Koni is fine as long as you don't use linear springs.

I purchased the Konis and I'm going to pair them with a set of RCE springs. I'm definitely going to be happy with them because they are going to be a lot better than my old OEM ones currently. They make the car ride like a 1980s Cadillac.

I will also do swaybar upgrades down the road. I do get a slight knock in the front when turning the wheel when I first start driving the car after it has been sitting for a while. I need to investigate that.

Do you guys think it is worth it to replace control arm bushings for performance ones and such..?

By the way I also found this suspension for the Legacy.

http://www.racecompengineering.com/index.php/subaru/2010-legacy-2-5gt-3-6r/suspension/racecomp-engineering-tarmac-zero-coilovers-for-2010-2013-legacy-3-6r-2-5i.html

Opinions?

I purchased the Konis and I'm going to pair them with a set of RCE springs. I'm definitely going to be happy with them because they are going to be a lot better than my old OEM ones currently. They make the car ride like a 1980s Cadillac.

I will also do swaybar upgrades down the road. I do get a slight knock in the front when turning the wheel when I first start driving the car after it has been sitting for a while. I need to investigate that.

Do you guys think it is worth it to replace control arm bushings for performance ones and such..?

http://www.racecompengineering.com/index.php/subaru/2010-legacy-2-5gt-3-6r/suspension/racecomp-engineering-tarmac-zero-coilovers-for-2010-2013-legacy-3-6r-2-5i.html

Opinions?

[shameless plug]I will sell you some used RCE springs :)[/shameless plug]

My GT has both of Whiteline front control arms bushings. It is noticeable harsher, but its not horrendous. That being said, I eventually plan to remove my front controls arms and put back in a new set of stock control and bushings. My GT is daily driver and likely I will never track it.

[shameless plug]I will sell you some used RCE springs :)[/shameless plug]

My GT has both of Whiteline front control arms bushings. It is noticeable harsher, but its not horrendous. That being said, I eventually plan to remove my front controls arms and put back in a new set of stock control and bushings. My GT is daily driver and likely I will never track it.

Just the front lower front bushings right? The rear hockey puck bushing don't add to NVH much at all.

...Do you guys think it is worth it to replace control arm bushings for performance ones and such..?

To tighten up the steering feel, you don't have to do all of them, IMHO. Maybe the main lower control arm bushings, the sway bar bushings, and the sway bar end links would be enough unless you have other bushings that are worn out.

Just the front lower front bushings right? The rear hockey puck bushing don't add to NVH much at all.

I didn't realize the rear horizontal bushing didn't contribute much to the NVH. My experience in the past is that it can be sometime hard to press in and out control arm bushings, so I will likely buy new control arms. [subaru also doesn't sell the stock rubber bushings individually anymore]

I don't have the proper press to do it, my friend does but he is 2 hours away so its logistically more difficult for a daily driver if run into any issues.

I am not doing it right now anyways. I am done spending money on my GT unless absolutely necessary until I sell my 2.5i.

I wish I could get the Bilestein or the KW but a little too expensive for me. I'm a college student and Konis would be amazing enough.

Did you see the ones for sale in the classifieds? Pretty much the same price as Koni's.

Did you see the ones for sale in the classifieds? Pretty much the same price as Koni's.

I could any shock absorbs on the classified. I found a Gekco set but the posting is very old and the person didn't respond yet.

just installed konis recently too and I get that knock sound up front when I turn out of the driveway or something like that at slow speed when I first get in.. I believe we are supposed to reuse an oem washer on each front as well as the new koni washer on each... one of these washers has a specific orientation (either up or down) and Im going to have to confirm that was done right as well

Opinions?

Archived