LegacyGT.com

Squealing Noise From Transmission Area 5MT

Adam393

I recently got my car back from having an ACT HD disk put in, along with having my PP and LWFW resurfaced. It had a new TSK3 assembly thrown in for good measure also (not that there was any problems with the old one, I just did it for extra insurance). Right now it has ~150 miles on the new setup and I recently noticed it makes a slight, muffled squealing noise that goes away when the clutch pedal is depressed. The sound almost is like a squealing fan belt, which is what I originally thought it was. I can't really tell if it does this when its in gear, since the car has a pretty loud exhaust :lol:. I noticed it does it at low rpm when its in 2nd, and idle speeds in neutral. Its only slightly noticeable in the cabin, but its more pronounced outside (still not super loud). It doesnt seem to go away when the car is warmed up, but it gets more quiet, I think. It doesnt bother me that terribly much, but I just want to know if it is something to worry about or is it somewhat normal?

Edit: I didn't find this in my first few searches of the issue:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-clutch-noise-156874.html

So since the noise is slight, is it not anything to worry about, or should I have the dealer look at it? Its been less than a week since Ive had the car back...

Archived