LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

This is a true statement right here. I just wish I could afford either. After dumping craxzy $$ into the LGT just wish I wouldve bought a Golf R or S3. Even still, I know my next car is gonna end up being an E39 M5

I had to google what an E39 was.

This was the first result.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wbmz753/

Sorry man.

I have done the $20K in mods & parts into couple $20K vehicles. Now, I would rather buy $50-60K car and put $1-2k of mods into that.

Absolutely this. Getting old is a mofo. But it comes with the territory of just wanting to enjoy a car instead of constantly fixing a heavily modded car.

"I don't think anyone wakes in the morning saying they're inspiring to own a Korean car..."

I did not watch the whole youtube clip but I agree with VW on the opening argument.

:hide:

You should have kept watching...that was just a statement by the CEO. The presenter gave a pretty compelling argument " Hyundai/Kia is the third largest importer of automobiles to Australia so clearly some people do aspire to own a Korean car".:lol:

You should have kept watching...that was just a statement by the CEO. The presenter gave a pretty compelling argument " Hyundai/Kia is the third largest importer of automobiles to Australia so clearly some people do aspire to own a Korean car".:lol:

Just because people buy them doesn't mean they aspire to own them. I had a Chevy Prizm (rebadged corolla). In general, I don't think anyone inspires own a Chevy Prizm or Toyota Corolla.

Edited by dgoodhue

Just because people buy them doesn't mean they aspire to own them. I had a Chevy Prizm (rebadged corolla). In general, I don't think anyone inspires own a Chevy Prizm or Toyota Corolla.

Statistically speaking it does. Clearly you don't associate with many Puerto Ricans, they love Corollas. Especially the older body style.

Statistically speaking it does. Clearly you don't associate with many Puerto Ricans, they love Corollas. Especially the older body style.

Statistically speaking shouldn't all the 5th Legacy GT owners sell their cars and buy a 5th Gen 2.5i CVT Legacy's, because the number suggest more owners were inspired to buy them.

Statistically speaking shouldn't all the 5th Legacy GT owners sell their cars and buy a 5th Gen 2.5i CVT Legacy's, because the number suggest more owners were inspired to buy them.

No, statistically speaking at least 1 hyundai owner aspired to buy a Hyundai. Which has nothing to do logically with choosing a Gt over a 2.5i they are both Subarus.

Some guys go for the town bike hottie at the bar. Some go for the girl next door.

I see Dodge Journeys parked in front of 2 million dollar homes and new E63s parked in front of 300k dollar homes. Who has the bigger/better aspirations?

Comes down to your personal values I guess.

The googled definition of aspire is "direct one's hopes or ambitions toward achieving something."

Just because I am buying an iron today doesn't mean I aspire to own one. I didn't aspire to own my 2.5i Legacy. I don't even aspire to own WRX someday even though I am planning on buying one. I aspire to own a Z06, I aspire to buy a bigger boat, I aspire to pay my mortgage off.

I guess this one of those things, that we will have to agree to disagree.

The googled definition of aspire is "direct one's hopes or ambitions toward achieving something."

Just because I am buying an iron today doesn't mean I aspire to own one. I didn't aspire to own my 2.5i Legacy. I don't even aspire to own WRX someday even though I am planning on buying one. I aspire to own a Z06, I aspire to buy a bigger boat, I aspire to pay my mortgage off.

I guess this one of those things, that we will have to agree to disagree.

The flaw in your argument is where you are pressing your personal taste on others. Directing ambition or hope toward something achievable is more logical than to direct it toward something which is neither feasible nor achievable. I would like to have a Nissan GTR but I aspired to own a Legacy gt...and here I am.

And the flaw in your reasoning is you did in fact aspire to own a 2.5i, because at some point you directed your ambition into finding one, test driving it, and then paying for it. You worked toward that goal whether it was for need or desire, that is the definition of aspiring to do something. Hopes OR ambitions, not hope and ambition.

Edited by FLlegacy

• I Donated
The flaw in your argument is where you are pressing your personal taste on others. Directing ambition or hope toward something achievable is more logical than to direct it toward something which is neither feasible nor achievable. I would like to have a Nissan GTR but I aspired to own a Legacy gt...and here I am.

And the flaw in your reasoning is you did in fact aspire to own a 2.5i, because at some point you directed your ambition into finding one, test driving it, and then paying for it. You worked toward that goal whether it was for need or desire, that is the definition of aspiring to do something. Hopes OR ambitions, not hope and ambition.

Nah, your understanding of aspirations is flawed.

Most people who buy cars in general, be they Korean cars, American cars, or Legacy 2.5is, don't aspire to own them. They shop around and find a car they like, and buy it. Aspiration implies that they really wanted the car for a while before they got it, and also implies that they didn't have the resources to own it for some time.

In that respect, I definitely aspired to own a Legacy GT in college, and I aspired to own my SS (actually, I aspired to own a CTS-V but decided an SS would be a better option when the time came), but I didn't aspire to own my WRX, because I had the resources to buy it at the time I decided I wanted one.

Nah, your understanding of aspirations is flawed.

Most people who buy cars in general, be they Korean cars, American cars, or Legacy 2.5is, don't aspire to own them. They shop around and find a car they like, and buy it. Aspiration implies that they really wanted the car for a while before they got it, and also implies that they didn't have the resources to own it for some time.

In that respect, I definitely aspired to own a Legacy GT in college, and I aspired to own my SS (actually, I aspired to own a CTS-V but decided an SS would be a better option when the time came), but I didn't aspire to own my WRX, because I had the resources to buy it at the time I decided I wanted one.

I based the argument off the definition given in the post I quoted for "aspire". I think your understanding is flawed by personal desire not necessarily ambition or hope. To want something is not the same thing as to aspire to have it. Aspiration requires work and planning not just desire.

We all work and plan to buy a particular car, and for some people that car is a Hyundai or Kia. That is my argument.

• I Donated
I based the argument off the definition given in the post I quoted for "aspire". I think your understanding is flawed by personal desire not necessarily ambition or hope. To want something is not the same thing as to aspire to have it. Aspiration requires work and planning not just desire.

We all work and plan to buy a particular car, and for some people that car is a Hyundai or Kia. That is my argument.

Once again, most people who buy cars don't put that much "work and planning" into anything about their purchase, let alone a desire, ambition, or hope to own a particular car.

Once again, most people who buy cars don't put that much "work and planning" into anything about their purchase, let alone a desire, ambition, or hope to own a particular car.

And there you go again proving me right! At least one person does. :p

I like Audis - definitely could see myself in an S3 or S4. However, anytime I think I should start shopping for one, I see three or more of them on my short commute (10 minute), and realize that our cars are much more unique. I see like 3 5th Gen LGTs a year.

I don't see a whole of lot of AMG CLA 45s......hmmmm