LegacyGT.com

anzo headlights

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copied from my build list:

I wanted to use the U-bars as DRLs, and add them to the TapTurn's arrival/departure lighting feature. Through the use of some relays, I was able to get what I wanted: Ubars come on with arrival/departure lighting, and are on when driving as DRLs. They maintain their parking light functionality as well.

Relay #1 is triggered by any source switched by the key, and supplies 12v to the Ubars for use as DRLs when the car is on. When the car is not on, it passes the 12v to Relay #2.

Relay #2 is triggered by Relay #1 (when the car is off). It passes voltage from the turn signal to Relay #3.

Relay #3 is triggered by Relay #2 (when the car is off, and the turn signals are on). It passes 12v to the Ubars for use with the arrival/departure lighting (TapTurn turns both turn signals on for a set amount of time for this)

The stock DRL resistor provided a perfect mounting spot for the relays. I had to add diodes to each headlight harness on the Ubar wire so that the car didn't think the parking lights were on all the time.

Got them installed. Install wasn’t easy. Passenger side was giving me trouble bc the housing was bumping up against the upper support. They sure look nice.

I’m having trouble adjusting the high beams. The screws don’t do anything. They’re way off and pointing down. Anyone know the trick?

I think I need to aim the low beams a tad lower as well.

(High beams are the light spots in front of the car)

https://i.imgur.com/CoSNuwA.jpg

CoSNuwA.thumb.jpg.39f1c33611f19e01d1c3f28b075773bc.jpg

0vgkJPS.thumb.jpg.63b6d1aeb8ff6c8c27dbe9ed2b12d5c7.jpg