LegacyGT.com

Bogging with throttle?

Ok, the car is actually an impreaza outback sport but it has the ej22 from my 95 legacy wagon and the trans/diff from my 96 GT. I've taken this car out to the desert after the swaps, it runs great. Saturday I was putting miles on it so I could take it through emissions, went through a good sized puddle at a normal pace instead of blasting through. Within about 5 miles it started bogging down while taking off and not recovering. That was when I realized the cai the previous owner put in was directly under the hood vent and getting rained on the whole time.

Things I've done so far:

I put a stock air box back on with a Spectre fter I had laying around, new knock sensor because the water apparently was a bad thing for the one I had. I also changed out the vacuum thing I on the passenger wheel well to get rid of a leak code I had before. The only code I have now is p0183, and that is random.

I've done through everything I can think of to combat this bogging down, the engine runs smooth as silk and pops no codes.

Any ideas?

It didn't go away on its own after time? So not a wet connector issue I guess. Could something about going through the puddle have damaged O2 wiring or sensor?

Do you have a way to see the live data from the ECU? Now that I run "Torque Pro" pretty much every time I drive I can see a problem coming before it codes because the typical data will be a little different than normal. But even without a baseline, we might be able to see it with live data.

sorry for not updating, took a week off and helped my daughter with my first grandson! hes well, she just needed some help after the C section is all.

for the most part, the hesitation did go away after it dried a few days, but not fully. i checked the votage at the O2 sensors, it seems to be going over 1vdc regularly, so there may be an issue there. i have to get rid of the P0183 code first, i think that is keeping the ecu from completing any tests.

i drove it for a while with the P0183 code, it finally went away on its own. or so i thought. i checked the codes and it was still an active code, but the cel wasnt on. i went through the tests and made sure the light actually worked and it did, but the ecu had turned it off while the code was active. now i just need to get that sucker switched out and try all that again haha

Do you have a way to see the live data from the ECU? Now that I run "Torque Pro" pretty much every time I drive I can see a problem coming before it codes because the typical data will be a little different than normal. But even without a baseline, we might be able to see it with live data.

i do really miss torque pro, somehow my bluetooth obd2 scanner "disappeared" after someone borrowed it, so all i have left is a basic code reader and access to a solus pro. i used the solus this last time to get the data and watch it while driving, thats how i found out it was going over 1V and bottoming out at dead zero

I'm not sure what going over one volt means for the system. I think I've seen mine get real close to 1 in the past, but never at or over. Lately with mine running solid and all my various problems solved for now I don't think it's gone over 0.8.

A while back my elm327 died so I sent away for two more.

ya, i remember the o2 sensors topping out at .8 also, and never down to zero. i have a few spares, including new ones for front and back, ill trade out this weekend and see what they run. ill also probably put the scanner on a different car and see what they run at normally.

ya i had a couple of them already, loved the ease of use and the app. ive just been too lazy to replace the last one that disappeared, is all. i have a cheapo scanner that gives codes and clears them.

incidentally, the car seems to run well now, im guessing i got some wiring wet and it finally dried out. now i get to start figuring out where that is, so i can seal that up.

Archived