LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some said it couldn't be done. I'm here to say it can.

Went and picked up clamps during the test run video to follow. Takeda intake with 3 inch coupler to 90 degree 4 inch to 3 inch reducer. 6 inch long 4 inch diameter pipe to K&n rc5171. Which actually tucks in completely under where the milk jug fit, which I was surprised by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mentioned going with a specific HPS straight coupler because I used a 9" filter.

I bet it sounds throatier than before.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Yup, with 6-7psi (target boost with the kit I believe - 5 psi would be idea 'safe')

I think we can guesstimate 400ft-lbf tq and 300-330whp (365-400 chp).

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it :) 400ft-lbf on a stock 5EAT @ low RPM, mmmm.

Fun and scary.

I had mentioned going with a specific HPS straight coupler because I used a 9" filter.

I bet it sounds throatier than before.

you tell me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUVHJr4sRAE

Sorry for the loose trash flying around during the initial acceleration which caused me to no stay on the gas fully. Air bags from the shipping container :eek::lol::lol:

I love the enthusiasm.

First, let's see if pigs can fly. Italian has a great start. I hope everything comes together.

I was driving Shrek at lunch time, and, I must admit, I don't know if it needs a supercharger in it's present form. There is some sense of security in staying in the "safe-zone" of modifications.

I hear you on that. I took one of my coworkers for a ride for lunch yesterday. Had to show off a bit...

I hear 'ya. My co worker with a convertible 335is keeps saying it is a completely different car than whem I started.

I did realize today that with 275 falken 615k's, the dba rotors and hawk street pads feel a little inadequate. With bridgestone re760's the brakes felt just right.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I called THMotorSports today to inquire about the HKS funnel and Takeda Intake and their Subaru "expert" tried to tell me the funnel doesn't work with the Takeda. Am I misinformed? I swore you guys were able to use both according to the first page.

Yes it works. The Takeda connects to one side of the factory airbox. The intake funnel connects to the bottom of the factory airbox in replacement of the "milk jug".

I just installed mine this week with no problems.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks... I wasn't impressed with them. 3 emails and no response just to have the chat guy tell me the email was disable and one guy quit working there. I said you might want to update your Contact page then. Then "Dewwy" did his best to get me to not order anything and succeeded.

RaceRom feature for EcuTek may be getting close.

Here is an e-mail from AMR:

On Fri, 5/23/14, AMR Performance <sales@amrperformance.com> wrote:

Subject: RaceROM Features

To:

Date: Friday, May 23, 2014, 12:17 PM

We

are in discussion with EcuTek to push the 3.6R's

compability and further help the community.

We would like to know your opinion on "what

RaceROM features would you like to see on your

vehicle?".

Thank you for your time.

Sent and email as on my way home I dropped down a nice back road and tested logging on the ECUTek and got a 20 for airflow and noticed some air flow intake warnings :D

Thanks... I wasn't impressed with them. 3 emails and no response just to have the chat guy tell me the email was disable and one guy quit working there. I said you might want to update your Contact page then. Then "Dewwy" did his best to get me to not order anything and succeeded.

thanks I'll avoid them as well. But than again the funnel would be useless for me now.

I called THMotorSports today to inquire about the HKS funnel and Takeda Intake and their Subaru "expert" tried to tell me the funnel doesn't work with the Takeda. Am I misinformed? I swore you guys were able to use both according to the first page.

The hks funnel is not a filter. It is just a "funnel" that connects to the bottom of the front half of the air box. The afe takeda intake comes with a piece that replaces the back half of the air box. They are completely separate.

Agreed... I think some water meth would be perfect for running nearly NA AFR's safely too!

I agree entirely and you have the experience on which to quote such a suggestion!

What is the Water meth kit of choice at the moment?

...is there any word on when the Raptor EZ36 headers will become available?

I sent them an email yesterday to register my interest in the headers. Here's what I got back

Hi ____

Yes its likely we will produce a header system for the 3.6 soon

It will appear on our website and on forums once it is available

Have a GREAT week J

Kindest regards

Tim Staier

Dangit...we need cats along with it unless it is meant to bolt up to the oem cats.

I have emailed them about this months ago.

Dangit...we need cats along with it unless it is meant to bolt up to the oem cats.

I have emailed them about this months ago.

Or catless, that's what everybody is doing now a days. I don't want any issues with inspection so I wouldn't do it unless I pass inspection and it doesn't throw any codes. A high flow is possible too, but I doubt they will make one to work with our cats, plus I don't want to get to loud.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Or catless, that's what everybody is doing now a days. I don't want any issues with inspection so I wouldn't do it unless I pass inspection and it doesn't throw any codes. A high flow is possible too, but I doubt they will make one to work with our cats, plus I don't want to get to loud.

I don't think I'd be willing to go catless because I don't want to be that loud, and you can definitely smell a catless car... So I'd rather not chance that. Also in PA if an inspection shop were to look to see if you're catless and notice it they'll fail you... Are our cats already known to be restrictive or do you think we'd need the high flows?

Also in the mean time, do you think it's any better to have headers from a company like raptor over having one of the shops I use fabricate them? I'm inclined to think raptor would have more time sunk into R&D, but one of the shops I've used with does a good bit of R&D for other platforms (Miata, BR-Z, and the new WRX) so I'd be willing to give them a shot to make headers; although pricing would probably be pretty high if they were just made for me.

Edited by KFCConspiracy

I don't mind if it is catless, but I don't want to hunt around for a custom solution.

It needs to be plug and play catless or catted doesn't matter.