LegacyGT.com

TGV Delete - Grounds

I am getting ready to put my intake manifold back on after installing IAG TGV Deletes and a few other things (https://www.iagperformance.com/IAG-Black-CNC-Side-Feed-TGV-Housings-2005-06-LGT-p/iag-afd-3003bk.htm).

The issue is that the new TGV housing on the driver side doesn't have the bracket for the two ground connections (like the stock one has). I'm assuming someone else has run into this issue with the deletes... If so, where have you mounted those two grounds? The two grounds wires are pretty short, so i'm guessing ill have to extend them.

After a bit of searching i couldn't seem to find the answer to this question. Potentially because i think most people who do TGV deletes just gut out the stock ones and retain the ground bracket.

Any help would be appreciated!

Just did a quick google search, looks like you just move those grounds to the chassis. Get some good wire and crimps and move or extend them to the chassis.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2870970

Would that thread help ?

Yeah I think just move them to any bolt that goes to metal.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I bolted mine to the back of the cylinder head. They reached and I didn't have to cut/extend anything.

Edit: Now that I look back at what I did in my build thread, I actually made a bracket out of a spare piece of metal going from the cylinder head (pre-threaded hole) off towards the intake manifold. This bracket already had a captive nut on it; probably some random bracket or something I never used from the build that I ended up cutting. But you could do the same thing and just throw a bolt through it. See the pic below.

IMG_3071-2.thumb.jpg.4d4e063396422d0435e807981aea69ef.jpg

Edited by Chocoholic005

Oh okay I see now. It looks like on my block that spot already has a bolt (hex head) in there. Did you take it out and have to use a longer bolt to attach your bracket or was that threaded hole empty?

Where on the block exactly? Was it in the same spot as Chocoholic005' picture? That spot on my block already has a bolt through it (hex head) but would be ideal since i wouldn't have to extend or modify the ground cables. I was hesitant to take the bolt out because i'm not sure what it is for. Do you think i should be okay?

You should be able to use any bolt on the block. Don't over think this. The starter ground wire is just a short distance form where your at.

Where on the block exactly? Was it in the same spot as Chocoholic005' picture? That spot on my block already has a bolt through it (hex head) but would be ideal since i wouldn't have to extend or modify the ground cables. I was hesitant to take the bolt out because i'm not sure what it is for. Do you think i should be okay?

134369f82adf04481bdf32f58e2295e4.jpg

Follow this diagram I highlighted yellow.

There is 4 12mm bolts around the manifold. The one near the throttle body is where I and where you should just use it.

Remove the 12mm, it’s a long one, slip the ground through it and retighten it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk