LegacyGT.com

What is this learning view telling me?

boxman

Red values would mean boost leak (pulling fuel as not all the measured air did get into the combustion chamber).

Blue values would mean vaccum leak (all the measured air + an unknown amount got its way into the combustion chamber).

Search for vacuum leak pre turbo.

Search for boost leak post turbo.

Usual method I use: see bold part in http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/checking-general-health-your-engine-and-tune-210369.html

Most people like to see these four values within +/- 5%.

On another note, you got some flkc registered. That -6.65 is quite a lot. You may have something rattling around that the knock sensor is picking up..

• 1 month later...
Red values would mean boost leak (pulling fuel as not all the measured air did get into the combustion chamber).

Blue values would mean vaccum leak (all the measured air + an unknown amount got its way into the combustion chamber).

Search for vacuum leak pre turbo.

Search for boost leak post turbo.

Usual method I use: see bold part in http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/checking-general-health-your-engine-and-tune-210369.html

Most people like to see these four values within +/- 5%.

On another note, you got some flkc registered. That -6.65 is quite a lot. You may have something rattling around that the knock sensor is picking up..

The same leak can be both a vacuum leak AND a boost leak

Rattling heat shield, seems as though I have a rock or something in there.

Maybe a loose bolt?

Rock in heat shield removed. Small leak in progress of repair, I've got a pile of parts...vac hoses, PCV, catless up, catted down and more to buy...turbo inlet, intercooler bullet proofing, etc. all on tap for replacement in the near future. Oh and a tune to support the mods.

10 year old hoses etc is my guess. That and a very small amount of oil seep from the IC. I'm taking a shotgun parts at it approach and will re-evaluate along the way. Everything on the list needs to be done regardless of tiny leak or not.

Archived