LegacyGT.com

stage II complete

1freak

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just comparing that graph to COBBs (I realize dynos are different).

It looks like You have about 200 rpm better spool, and close to 30 hp top end. Really the whole curve look smuch better. Even if the two dynos are 10% off from each other your curve would still be noticeably better.

Wish there was someplace close to me for a Protune!

Is CT too far? Peter from PLTEK just went there and spoke highly of Tony's abilities. I guess Christain from Cobb also says he's a good tuner.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23643&highlight=XXtuning

I'm probably going down come Spring and a couple more mods first to get the most I can from a Protune.

1freak- was that MT or AT?

do u have cat-back?

full dp or shorty?

what kind of dyno?

I just asked because, im stage 2 tuned & mine feels the same as u described at the low end but pulls mine (to me) feels really strong all the way to redline.

I guess just to compare, see whats- what or did u want (have) a different tune set up?

GT I have perrin up/dn pipes and perrin turbo back exhaust. With the perrin short ram intake and turbo inlet tube. This is allowing the turbo to fully breathe. My car is also m/t (of course). I also like to match parts instead of 1 from this one and 1 from that one:icon_bigg

And now to sound like the rookie this is my first turbo car. I had a wrangler before this. I am still learning as I build this one. I believe it is a base map from cobb that Jon from TDC tweaked to my car performance or needs. As far as the pulling I dont really get on it around town, so being that high up on the rpm doesnt fit. I did get on it on the way home down the highway (no one on road) and your right it does pull really strong till redline (mine is 7200)I also have 4700 miles on the car with the stock turbo and intercooler.

I was very impressed with the before and after of the tune. I expected a difference but not what I got :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

any one thinking about tuning? DO IT !!!!!!!!!!

It is worth it.

I hope this answers your questions

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

You sound like me after Jon did my Protune.Absolutely 110% satisfied with the results. Well worth the 4 1/2 hr drive for me and I too would recommend anyone willing to make the trip over to do it you will not be dissappointed!

The legacy ecm is way undertuned. tuner said that he has seen the biggest increases in the leggy tune over the rexs & stis.

After tuned Im really afraid to let anyone drive it, because its all right ther- right now power that no one seems to understand!!! Someone will push the gas to merge into traffic & take out the car in front that was tring to do the same!!

Ktr reads 5-8% lower than mine

KTM's tune is on normal good gas

1freak is on shit ass Winter crap

same w mine

what i will tell you guys is that my header (GT Spec)

allowed me to run 4 more degrees of timing all the way across the powerband

this is my chart

http://www.tdctuning.com/projects/tdctuning2005legacygttdcprojectcar/headers.jpg

1freak, any plans to dyno your car down at KTR? Would be interesting to see the numbers off that dyno.

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Archived