LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I got a nice surprise from work, our bonus is $3300 more than I was expecting. I am going to put most of that towards my '12 Legacy GT's loan balance. My loan will be paid off this summer and perhaps even earlier. I will just have my mortgage after my LGT is paid for.

I got a nice surprise from work, our bonus is $3300 more than I was expecting. I am going to put most of that towards my '12 Legacy GT's loan balance. My loan will be paid off this summer and perhaps even earlier. I will just have my mortgage after my LGT is paid for.

What do you do for work?

Is there anywhere I can find a list of factory upgrades. I have an 11 legacy 2.5 n/a. I would like to find things like bolt on sway bars that are better than mine. That I might get out of a junkyard or off another model Subaru.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Is there anywhere I can find a list of factory upgrades. I have an 11 legacy 2.5 n/a. I would like to find things like bolt on sway bars that are better than mine. That I might get out of a junkyard or off another model Subaru.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

It is in the sticky at the top for the forum. (not sure how it displays on tapatalk.) "Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen."

To get you started. For sway bars, get the rear sway bar from 2015 WRX or STI. They are cheap from a Subaru online parts dealer at under $100. (20mm vs 16mm) and easy to install. The front can be bought from a 2013-2014 2.5i Legacy (26mm vs 23mm, but the fronts are difficult to install. On the GT it requires lifting the motor, I am not sure about the 2.5i, but it isn't easy like the rears. most owners do them while the motor is out.

I be at the shop tomorrow to get away from all the renovation going on at my house and need some alone time away from my son and wife. I need to get up to speed on the progress of the AE86.

Now my nephew (certified ASE mechanic) finally came back home for good (living in UAE and Oregon, USA). I may use him on the AE86 project tomorrow.

put the better part of 1500 miles on the leggy this past week. this is not what i expected when i retired her from daily driving status. ride up to philly and a ride up to scranton really racked up the miles. time to give her a bit of a rest.

I went to school in Scranton. Interesting place. Centralia Mine Fire, “30,000 lbs. of Bananas” and, my personal favorite, the Knox mine disaster where the company told the miners to dig upward under the river and emptied half the Susquehanna into the mine. Had to use train cars to plug the hole. Damn cold in the winter there but a great place if you like pierogis.

I went to school in Scranton. Interesting place. Centralia Mine Fire, “30,000 lbs. of Bananas” and, my personal favorite, the Knox mine disaster where the company told the miners to dig upward under the river and emptied half the Susquehanna into the mine. Had to use train cars to plug the hole. Damn cold in the winter there but a great place if you like pierogis.

Oooo! Pierogis! Haven't had a proper one since I moved from the Buffalo, NY area back in '79.

University of Scranton or the penn state extension? my folks are from up there, grandpa mined coal, dad built some of the roads, so love getting to visit and see family--gives a connection to the place. definitely a unique town, but man the cold can suck it, i'm too much of a wuss to live in the mountains.

and *if* you like pierogis? i don't ever want to meet anyone that doesn't.

Oddly enough the best chocolate chip pancakes I've ever had were at a diner in Scranton when I was younger. lol about all that's really memorable about those parts of PA (no offense). Native to York, PA - went to school in Bethlehem.

Ok, I thought I have seen all the bracing available for 5th gens, but ran across these today:

p1.jpg?ct=fe85cbd29a5a

https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/830052/car/722682/6095434/parts.aspx

p1.jpg?ct=839f130fb92b

https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/830052/car/722682/6095402/parts.aspx

From what I can tell its called a "Front Frame Top Bar (FFTB)" and "Rear Frame End Bar (RFEB) made by GarageNOB.