LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Just got home after buying a new set of headlight bulbs. Now I need some time to replace the one burnt out one.975092c79c7e8b7baff520e8cadd1074.jpg

It looks like your in MA, hopefully you can find a nice day to replace them. I need to replace a tail light bulb in my Outback as well. (You have to remove the tail light assembly to access them)

Just got home after buying a new set of headlight bulbs. Now I need some time to replace the one burnt out one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

FYI- if the weather doesn’t cooperate your 2011 should have free headlamp bulb replacements by the dealer for the first 10 years.

Here are bulb replacement tips:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-legacy-outback-headlight-install-instructions-accomplishing-impossible-256187.html?p=5484767#post5484767

Whow!!! That's 170,000 miles on a 2013:eek: My 2013 3.6R just turned over 40,000 km (That's 24,000 miles) I gotta stop driving it so much :lol:

Wow, 24k. I'm at 92k on my 2011 and I try to keep it in the garage as much as I can. Normally it's a 36 mile round trip to work 5 days a week, then usually stays in the garage all weekend. I use my wife's leased Forester as much as possible. :)

I currently live that far from work, and it's not all that great. I don't even have heat by the time I pull into the parking lot!

Pretty much everything else about it is fantastic, though. It's really nice to be able to go home for lunch- get to be out of the office for a while, without having to spend $10 on lunch somewhere.

I setup the equalizer on the factory NAV. My battery died a few weeks ago and everything reset. Noticed the sound was kinda flat. Whoever designed that equalizer needs a stern talking to. I had to Google to figure it out. In the end, I just copied what some others did a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I setup the equalizer on the factory NAV. My battery died a few weeks ago and everything reset. Noticed the sound was kinda flat. Whoever designed that equalizer needs a stern talking to. I had to Google to figure it out. In the end, I just copied what some others did a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please show your setup.

please show your setup.

Here is the thread on Subaruoutback.org that I used. I'll post up some pictures of the different settings I have now. It is interesting that the radio uses one equalizer setting, and the CD and Aux share another one.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/2010-ob-equalizer-settings.19904/

CD and AUX settings:

aa0709dc868458d3417817488cdb7858.jpg

Radio settings:

7ef24d966d69a029427d510ca204f093.jpg

Edited by Falcor

My turbo oil line was leaking after my downpipe install a few weeks ago (at the joint, the threads stripped). I did what I could and jb welded around it till I could get replacements. The dealer ship wanted $100 for both lines, so instead I bought this kit x2, At the time it was on sale for $33 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142124904241

Well today I got to install it. The length is almost perfect. I didn’t even use the second kit. I was able to use the stock tie-downs as well so it’s not flopping and look clean. I also added 5/16 fuel hose as protection, especially by the oil filter and header.

Some notes: the turbo M10 bango bolt is bit too small of a diameter for the M12 spherical union that came with the kit. I went to Ace hardware and found some brass tube wide enough for the bolt and narrow enough for the spherical union, and drilled some oil passages (it’s not completely necessary but it helped keep it all centered). It’s basically a sleeve for the bolt, but not snug tight because you need oil to flow. Ace also had copper washers where the inner diameter matched the bolt and the surface area wide enough seal around the wider spherical union. Between the thicker union and washers, the oem bolt didn’t have much room left to thread into the turbo. Lucky, Autozone had a m10 brake line bolt, same as oem except bit longer with more thread. Anyways, it came together nicely and works well!

Oh and while I was out, I spotted a silver legacy in Sanford, didn’t see the front, but shaved trunk, lowered on some deep dish style wheels. Hi.

0HtB6Gd.thumb.jpg.9a50dbde59f720eae77826ac59565f5e.jpg

uiXBVya.thumb.jpg.636c16d9f4dfeeb8a3e67fe754acfab3.jpg

Edited by ibr_adam09

Replaced the son in laws front bumper cover and headlamps. I like them. May have to put them in the GT.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MDXT8F2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quality of the lens and housing was good. Only snafu was the AM used a H1 low beam, not an H7. Had to run to the auto parts store to get new bulbs. Replaced them all

IMG_4855.thumb.jpg.0ab1c38be0b937a522a19376160805bc.jpg

IMG_4854.thumb.jpg.e3f19a997f4f8157e314bdea27cbc420.jpg

I Sprayed the duct intake side on my SUV because my wife was complaining about getting light headed and dizziness and a musty smell. It hit me over the weekend. I'm changing the (2) cabin filter (in transit) and (1) dust filter (Just got it) this weekend.

So I decided to spray it inside the Legacy since I was running it thru my SUV. My wife destroyed the interior the cloth seat's has black stain look like coffee or some sort. When I get some time I take it to the shop and detail the interior and shampoo the seat and carpet.

dropped a wheel off at the tire shop. picked up a screw in the outermost tread that poked itself right in to my sidewall. ugh. $200 later...and i get to pick up my new tire this afternoon. only ~6k miles on it too, pisser.

dropped a wheel off at the tire shop. picked up a screw in the outermost tread that poked itself right in to my sidewall. ugh. $200 later...and i get to pick up my new tire this afternoon. only ~6k miles on it too, pisser.

Did you get any type of warranty for the new tire(s)?

Hello All!

Do you feel like you could use a few extra foot power? Feel like your friends are rolling on fancy new round wheels and your still stuck on these oblonged concrete things that barely roll so they keep passing you by?

Our Etune will get your bedrock shaking We got you Covered

Use "FLINTSTONES" Coupon Code in all caps for a 10% off Etune discount on the website at http://www.cryotuneperformance.com. This price will be live on the website till the end of the month.

All jokes aside, jump on the promo and save yourself some $$$

82725741_1450961411747923_1083522156022726656_o.jpg.9d77435aaa39f8cb7c2492b36a7241f1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Did you get any type of warranty for the new tire(s)?

i made sure i did. i normally get the insurance when i buy a set, was surprised that i didn't this time...i've been going to this shop for years though and the owner cut me a bit of a deal--got the tire at cost and free mounting, so it actually ended up around 160. so, at least there's that.

Been working on this for a while. Hate the brushed metal. Bought black controls, bought a new console piece, bought a double din insert, glued the double din insert piece into console, sanded, more plastic glue, sanded, etc. Then, I tried painting it black but it never looked right so I painstakingly wrapped it in matte black vinyl.

Dk17wQz.jpg

A little surprised that the black controls weren't metric....