LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Dude....skip LA. It's not worth it. Just north of SF is Muir Woods and south of SF is Pinnacles National Monument with talis caves you can hike, and whole host of things around Santa Cruz and Monterey and down Hwy 1 to Big Sur. Then in the Sierras the Lake Tahoe area if fantastic. I highly recommend kayaking Emerald Bay and hiking some in Desolation Wilderness. And that's just the beginning. Farther south in the Sierra is Calaveras Big Trees State Park (very close to my property up there in Dorrington), Yosemite, etc etc. I could keep you busy for a month just in NorCal.

That's what I'm looking for! But I'm only going to have 12-14 days to do all this lol.

Yea, one of my friends said the same thing about LA, it's basically another Miami,.. and I don't like Miami.

Is there a better route to take then from norcal area other than I-5 towards Vegas?

Edited by ibr_adam09

Spend some time driving down Hwy 1 along the coast, in the summer the NorCal coast is cool, in the 60's and 70's, inland 30 miles it will be 90+ degrees. The CA central valley is pretty boring, just farmland and flat, so spend some time along the coastal mountains and inland in the Sierras Nevadas.

And we just did Hetch Hetchy one day a few months ago on a trip to Yosemite, it's about 30 miles north of Yosemite. It apparently rivaled Yosemite Valley before they dammed it up to make it a drinking water reservoir for San Francisco 200 miles away. It was awesome!

2cabb98e640736fc15b0de97ba5ceeb8.jpg9445c225ff83feaba339635754827d93.jpg

Oh, and if you go to Denver to fly back, definitely do Pikes Peak. We are flying to Denver tomorrow for a short vacation and probably going there on Thursday (for the 3rd time).

WOW, no wonder Cali is so popular, that's all so foreign to me lol
My wife isn't a big fan of flying (she will but it takes convincing) and she always says we don't need to fly to go see things that we've never seen before. She's right. Both of us have pretty much lived our entire lives in California and travelled quite a lot around the State, and there is always a new area to explore. Rivers, little towns, beaches, big trees, hot springs, mountains, valleys, wine tasting, islands (Catalina, Angel Island, etc) flowers, historic trains, gold country, ghost towns, big cities. The variations in terrain and weather are unimaginable.

Seriously, we rarely leave the State, and when we do it's usually to Oregon which is pretty close to as amazing.

Edited by GTEASER

Oh, and if you go to Denver to fly back, definitely do Pikes Peak. We are flying to Denver tomorrow for a short vacation and probably going there on Thursday (for the 3rd time).

All I can think about is that video of the Evo crashing :spin:

My wife isn't a big fan of flying (she will but it takes convincing) and she always says we don't need to fly to go see things that we've never seen before. She's right. Both of us have pretty much lived our entire lives in California and travelled quite a lot around the State, and there is always a new area to explore. Rivers, little towns, beaches, big trees, hot springs, mountains, valleys, wine tasting, islands (Catalina, Angel Island, etc) flowers, historic trains, gold country, ghost towns, big cities. The variations in terrain and weather are unimaginable.

Seriously, we rarely leave the State, and when we do it's usually to Oregon which is pretty close to as amazing.

So true. The wife and I spent 10 days in CA this April and we barely made a dent in the list of places to see. San Francisco, Healdsburg, Napa, Sausalito, Sacramento (for the auto recyclers lol). Heck, we havent even seen all the places to see in the places we went to!

Passed by Sears Point on the way to Napa on the off chance there would be anything interesting running. That was fun!

95s3Z9L.jpg

SvFrKdA.jpg

XT1GTrZ.jpg

IcLgIrA.jpg

IIrd4Ei.jpg

Go to BeauJos pizza. Called Rocky MTN pies, known for heavy crust that you can put honey on. It's delicious. They used to sell the pie by how much it weighed rather than s,m, large.

Just left Grand Cayman.. off to Jamaica. hehe. See ya all Sunday.

Mmmm, A little Blue Mountain coffee, Jerk chicken, goat curry and some Ackee and saltfish... I love Jamaica! Have fun!

You doing any of the sight seeing? Where you guys staying?

Mmmm, A little Blue Mountain coffee, Jerk chicken, goat curry and some Ackee and saltfish... I love Jamaica! Have fun!

You doing any of the sight seeing? Where you guys staying?

I'm gonna guess he's doing a Carribbean cruise. Now, which boat are you on Shane? The USS Legacy? :lol:

I was in Denver a few days ago and after driving up Pikes Peak we went for dinner at Edelweiss (awesome German restaurant), found out Heuberger Subaru was less then 5 min away. Had to drive by.

Found a local beauty spot recently only about 10 minutes from my place that I never knew existed before, tucked away in the middle of suburbia and surrounded by high hills, so it actually feels really secluded and beautiful. It was a really pretty day out so I decided to try my hand at some panoramic photography with my phone. Came out with a few really nice pictures.

xt1RsrG.jpg

zQb45tD.jpg

IOUeBv7.jpg

Also, the drive up to the beauty spot has some incredibly fun twisties that I totally didn't exceed the speed limit on or anything. :rolleyes::lol:

I was in Denver a few days ago and after driving up Pikes Peak we went for dinner at Edelweiss (awesome German restaurant), found out Heuberger Subaru was less then 5 min away. Had to drive by.

How does your Legacy handle driving down pike's peak? Are you able to engine brake? Do you have stock brakes?

How does your Legacy handle driving down pike's peak? Are you able to engine brake? Do you have stock brakes?

We flew out and had a rental (Nissan Altima). It was a dog on Pikes Peak and around Denver. There was no way of putting it in low gear coming back down the Peak. It has D and Ds, no flappy paddles or manual mode. I left it in Ds on the way down so it would hold the fake CVT gears longer. Thankfully it made it through the brake check.

We drove out to Denver 2 years ago....never again (rental car). That being said, I would love to have the GT out there to play on the mountain roads. Would hate to put the extra 1200 miles on it to get out there though.

a605738710e588316bc6d97a6deddade.jpg290f4fbb24b8a03e1491f27085f3339a.jpg

Edited by Falcor

We flew out and had a rental (Nissan Altima). It was a dog on Pikes Peak and around Denver. There was no way of putting it in low gear coming back down the Peak. It has D and Ds, no flappy paddles or manual mode. I left it in Ds on the way down so it would hold the fake CVT gears longer. Thankfully it made it through the brake check.

We drove out to Denver 2 years ago....never again (rental car). That being said, I would love to have the GT out there to play on the mountain roads. Would hate to put the extra 1200 miles on it to get out there though.

I know what you mean. I do wish I could take mine out there, put on the track pads, and have some fun. Would love to laugh at the brake guy when he says my brakes are 800 degrees and tell him I'm good to 1500 can I go now?