LegacyGT.com

squeal when turning right!

I am getting this squeal anytime i turn the steering wheel to the right. It sounds like a metal on metal squeal coming from the drivers side front of the car. I only hear this sound when the car is moving and i turn to the right or i hit a bump in the road. I have noticed that when i wash the car the sound goes away for a couple of hours but then returns. I have jacked the car up multiple times and cannot find the source of this sound. Everything including the brakes, rotors, tie rod, ball joints all appear to be fine, only thing i can find is the pass axle has a rip in the boot could this be the cause of the sound? All advice would be greatly appreciated!

• I Donated

Sounds like you need to keep your car cleaner!

Seriously....have you checked your power steering fluid? How about the strut mounts. Can you duplicate the noise my spinning the tires or turning them from side to side with the car shut off and the front tires in the air....or with the car in park/neutral sitting still....both on the ground and jacked up turning the steering wheel both ways

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

subscribed for a result. I have a similar sqeaking sound coming from the right side of the car, sound comes and goes, and car is kinda pulling to the right as well, not sure it that related. Just changed the power steering belt last week, didnt change/stop sound. Some think a wheel bearing? I'm lost any ideas would be great

• 2 weeks later...

Archived