LegacyGT.com

New Guy With (probably) Old Question

Hello everybody - I'm brand new to the forum as I just bought an 05 2.5GT wagon.

I'm looking at updating the stereo and can't seem to find any bezels for my model because it has electronic climate controls, rather than the (better looking) manual setup. I run a Pioneer double-din in my other cars and can't really live without it for my job.

So. What does a guy with these controls and a real need for a double-din stereo do? Is there an option to downgrade the climate controls, or is there somebody who makes these bezels?

Thanks!

search for the AVO JDM bezel. still available from japanparts.com and they pop up here on the for sale section from time to time.

need some extra harnesses too, i88 or i85(for steering wheel controls)

It's an expensive conversion. Check the classifieds here frequently to find a climate control/radio unit housing and wiring kit. I think I paid $350 for the kit and another $200 for a Sony XAV-AX1000.

It's worth it, I am doing it right now in my 06. Do a full audio system. Doors, sub, amp, and all. it's worth the money. There is a place that will wire everything up for you to do it plug and play. I had them do mine and shipped it to me. Works great! they wired all the I88, and so on stuff needed to plug in and go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everybody! The advice has been invaluable.

I've got the bezel from AVO JDM on the way and The Tight Fit Fab harness is in hand. I'll be picking up the Pioneer NEX next Friday and should have everything together the following week!