LegacyGT.com

Just purchased 2.5 GT Legacy

Just got my first Subaru! Super excited to learn all about these cars and putting in lots of work. Can't wait to learn! 128k, stage 3 clutch, BC coilovers, Cobb sway bars, skid plate, and Momo sti steering wheel! Can anyone tell me what I really got? I'm new to these types of vehicles. Usually cadillac cts-v and trucks. Thanks!7e5941a71146d470852347ff52a115a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Edited by phillipkrist04

Do all the maintenance on the car first. Fluids, check brakes, change oil and filters, inspect the car good. Drive it for a solid 6 months and be easy on it. You will need to have some funds on hand for things that need fixed.

Also make sure it has a good solid tune. Take it to REAL subaru tuning shop, that works on them and get it looked over. These cars a great but if you treat them wrong they will break your heart and bank account.

Taking it to northwest rally sports up here in Bellingham WA. All they do is Subaru. Going to have a new intake installed and get a tune. T belt was just done 400miles ago and she runs real good. All fluids are being handled as we speak. Lots of power and smooth idle, I'm not hitting it hard till it's all gone over. Thanks for the heads up.

Taking it to northwest rally sports up here in Bellingham WA. All they do is Subaru. Going to have a new intake installed and get a tune. T belt was just done 400miles ago and she runs real good. All fluids are being handled as we speak. Lots of power and smooth idle, I'm not hitting it hard till it's all gone over. Thanks for the heads up.

Good, now be easy on the transmission in these cars. I have a woman owned LGT and the trans is solid, but I easy into the power all the time. with 135k on it, I am not trying to go 6 speed yet lol.

PSSS you CANNOT power shift these cars like a honda civic, I will hate you. :lol: You can shift fast, but no slamming gears.

ask for "dead mister" or "girodisc". He should still work there. I forget his actual name. He built awesome lgt's several years ago

Thank you guys for the feedback. I'm spending a bunch of time on here reading about the stages and different mods. There is so much information. I really don't know where to start. I will not slam my gears!! And we all got Honda killers!!! I would like to take my mods to stage 3.5 or 4

Thank you guys for the feedback. I'm spending a bunch of time on here reading about the stages and different mods. There is so much information. I really don't know where to start. I will not slam my gears!! And we all got Honda killers!!! I would like to take my mods to stage 3.5 or 4

No Save your money and upgrade the car to a R35 GTR :lol:. This is my plan. I love my 06 LGT and the power it make, but I will never put that much money into it. I have been driving R35's from friends and the one's with 93 tune, intakes, DP's and exhaust are just stupid for no reason.

Do what you please with your money, but I plan to keep my LGT and have a R35 soon also.

Hondas easily gap Legacys :) Don't excited about this car until you are sure it is mechanically sound. You are easily sitting on $6k of repairs for just a all stock LGT much less a modded one that needs those upgraded parts replaced.

However $6k is less than a new car but even if you replaced all the stuffs (mechanically) there are lots of other things that may start to fail.

Point being take it slow make sure its not a grenade and do as much work as you cone when items need replacing to reduce the cost of ownership:)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...