LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

We put in the new battery and notice it did it once where the motor turned over (running) and then shut off still in park. The second attempt had no issue what so ever. I'm little stump over this. Wondering if it's the vehicle theft security.

Is it doing this every time you start the car, or was this a one time thing that occurred?

Did you turn the key on and let it sit for a bit before you cranked it over? I believe the throttle plate and TPS go through a learn cycle the first time you key on after a complete power loss, so it just may not have had enough time to calibrate before you started the car, and the throttle plate wasn't opening far enough to maintain idle.

Is it doing this every time you start the car, or was this a one time thing that occurred?

One time maybe twice. I have not drove the vehicle since I brought it home from the shop. I'm going to take it for a spin maybe later on today or over the weekend.

Did you turn the key on and let it sit for a bit before you cranked it over? I believe the throttle plate and TPS go through a learn cycle the first time you key on after a complete power loss, so it just may not have had enough time to calibrate before you started the car, and the throttle plate wasn't opening far enough to maintain idle.

No I have not. I just learned something new. Thanks I will check it out again later on today. I still need to set the clock, station preset, maybe window sync, etc.

Also my Legacy has the option OEM fog lights on the bottom. I installed it but I can't remember how to get to the bulbs and do you know the size of the bulbs (I think there H11)?

Edited by amusa

Yeah, H11 sounds right. I remember those being pretty easy to get to, I think there's 1 or 2 push-pins holding a flap on to the bottom of the plastic under-tray just in front of the wheel, so those should be accessible without much more than a flathead screwdriver. Then again, that's all you need to peel the fender liner back to get to the low beams...

...Then again, that's all you need to peel the fender liner back to get to the low beams...

I hate trying to do it through the wheel well, i can get it on the driver side with my right hand but can never get the passenger side with my left. I pull the bumper to do the headlights now.

I hate trying to do it through the wheel well, i can get it on the driver side with my right hand but can never get the passenger side with my left. I pull the bumper to do the headlights now.

I remember when I did the low beams on my Legacy before I sold it. Worst thing I've ever done. My hands and arms were all cut up and bruised...

Edited by Alexmed2002

You guys too, huh...

I think both times I've replaced the bulbs has been in December or January, and both times were before I had a garage to work in. Not much fun to be had there.

I did it during the summer last year, so I was drenched by the end. I had to use an old yoga mat on my driveway so that I could get somewhat comfortable. Then I test drove my car and realized one of my low beams wasn't installed correctly. Had to do another day of reaching inside, and vowed I would never do it again lmao.

Also my Legacy has the option OEM fog lights on the bottom. I installed it but I can't remember how to get to the bulbs and do you know the size of the bulbs (I think there H11)?

For the Legacy, 2010-2012 is an H11, 2013-2014 is an H16

Spent the evening with a heat gun and a bottle of Goo Gone getting my junkyard OEM lip off and my trunk cleaned up to install the SYMS Carbon Trunk Lip Spoiler. Super happy with this lip (and happy I didn't pay MSRP lmao), quality and fitment is perfect. Got more spoiler related stuff coming soon.

iiVNYYd.jpg

yMWx8x0.jpg

zCFGmTh.jpg

D4CPgPZ.jpg

G6RvWWa.jpg

SzGFqpr.jpg

OMI8X8C.jpg

WO9I7nH.jpg

ZzEQWXe.jpg

How screwed am I?

I just get my car back from have power steering lines replaced after they rusted away and leaked all over. Yesterday I decide to get into some boost and it makes an odd noise. I take it easy back home and this afternoon get under it to check things out. Turns out the clamp holding the turbine to compressor housing is shifted. Exhaust is blowing out. Somewhat metal on metal sound but it's hard to tell if it's just an exhaust leak. And of course when reach in there with a screwdriver I bump the coolant line and that starts to leak.

IMG_20201017_141541.thumb.jpg.673c0e6da5d6ecce0f07c37a51c003ec.jpg

IMG_20201017_141549.thumb.jpg.b320d910012caf1af1def1f6f22cf40c.jpg

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. It's hard to say if it is a metallic sound or just exhaust escaping. Either way, I'm preparing for the worst.

I took a closer look and can see that what happened was the bolt holding the clamp together broke. I was hoping I'd be able to rotate the clamp around enough to put a new bolt in, but it's too tight in there. Looks like it all needs to come apart.

She's had a good run. I'll probably start looking for a replacement at this point. Hopefully put it back together for as little $$$ as possible and send it off. I've been debating on selling for a few months now and this is the nail in the coffin I think.

She's had a good run. I'll probably start looking for a replacement at this point. Hopefully put it back together for as little $$$ as possible and send it off. I've been debating on selling for a few months now and this is the nail in the coffin I think.

If you think the stars are alligning, then you should probably follow your gut and proceed with finding a replacement. It's happened to me with my previous two vehicles. I had a gut feeling that something was going to happen to them, but the Legacy that I used to own was the vehicle that it actually happened. Thank god Subaru covered that repair :eek:.

Edited by Alexmed2002

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. It's hard to say if it is a metallic sound or just exhaust escaping. Either way, I'm preparing for the worst.

I took a closer look and can see that what happened was the bolt holding the clamp together broke. I was hoping I'd be able to rotate the clamp around enough to put a new bolt in, but it's too tight in there. Looks like it all needs to come apart.

It would actually be both the turbine hitting the housing and exhaust escaping. If you need the clamp let me know or if you need the turbine wheel I have a useless turbo sitting in my shed I just don't have the heart to scrap it. It actually has very little shaft play, but the turbine housing is screwed. If you need the parts hit me up, Ill ship them out for postage to you.

gave the exterior some loving--debadged everything except for the subaru emblem and the 2.5gt on the trunk. polished out the trunk so there's no shadows...looks so much better without having the entire trunk lid covered in badging. I also washed, clay bar and used turtle wax's hybrid ceramic spray. Second time i've used that stuff, and if you guys haven't yet I can definitely recommend. Goes on easy, looks great, lasts 3-4 months, and beads like crazy...plus it's super cheap, can easily get 5-6 applications on cars our size out of 1 bottle. also finally got a foam cannon for my pressure washer, and holy crap does that thing make washing your car *so* much faster and easier.

So it's been a while since I've posted but I'm still in the GT... for now... She's approaching 195k on stock everything and still holding her 12psi boost like a champ, although she rarely sees that because I only use it to commute during the week and drive the Titan on the weekends.

Anyhow last weekend I was trying to put on the serpentine belt that came with my timing belt kit.... it's been in the box with the extra STI WP I have which came in the Continental TB kit vs the LGT WP... When I did the TB the serpentine belt I had was ok so I reused it and saved the one from the kit for later. Well now comes time to replace the serpentine and for the life of me I could not get it to fit.

I have double checked the PN and according to Rockauto it's the right one (PN: 5060650) and it crosses over to 809221140 on all the manufacturers that list the 60650 which is what parts.subaru.com shows. I do see that the Gates & AC Delco PNs on RA have 651 at the end but they also cross to the 1140 subaru PN. So has anyone else ran into this or am I just being a wuss on the tensioner? I feel like I'm maxed out on the tensioner so I honestly feel like the belt is just too short. Obviously it's shorter than the one thats on the car because it's old and wore out but I can't seem to find anything that says the 5060650 is wrong.