LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Just tested to see what the 2018 does on the dyno and it got 231 to the wheels with 260 ft-lbs of torque.

fb7556af88952e12f03098a401585d15.jpg835e2a9f1e78bc2e50f8af2631f5fd41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has to be crank horsepower. Wheel horsepower would have drivetrain loss.

The 256 advertised is crank horsepower. If this is showing 231 to the wheels, that's roughly 290 hp to the crank, if based on a traditional automatic. I'm curious how the CVT plays into the amount of drivetrain loss. If that's accurate, that is very surprising because the same engine in the 5th gen shows crank power ratings of 256-260 which translates to 190 hp at the wheels, after factoring the 5EAT drivetrain loss. This would indicate Subaru made more changes between gen5 and gen6 than just the swap to CVT. Is this car tuned by chance?

This is very nearly the same power rating I'm getting from my tuned gen5 3.6R, though my dyno was run on larger and heavier than stock wheels, so likely downed my actual power a bit.

I wonder if all manufacturers underrate their engines?

I drove a friend’s Cadillac ATS 4cyl with reported 275hp engine and my 4cyl 252hp BMW feels better. I’m also getting better mpgs than I did with my 3.6R Legacy. I also drove my exwife’s 305?hp V6 Camaro and it feels sluggish?? I know all are different cars.

I saw this somewhere on Subaru's site.

A retuned ECU for 2018 provides the CVT with smoother and more responsive acceleration.

Maybe CVT was slightly changed in 2018 and retuned so maybe that may have something to do with it. The guys over where the dyno was ran were saying they could feel the engine feeling limited after getting around 4600 and said this can be tuned to push out an extra 30 or so to the wheels and torque.

In the changes for 2018 book I saw this as well.

646c098ab02e045a4ce3774cd3c5bf05.jpg

The engine is advertised as having 256HP. 231whp means 25HP is lost.

Ok. What I’m saying is that those numbers are ridiculously high for a stock 3.6r. It’s probably just a super high reading dyno. If that’s wheel horsepower then that car dynos the same as most STI’s, which is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Deadrick20

I wonder if all manufacturers underrate their engines?

I drove a friend’s Cadillac ATS 4cyl with reported 275hp engine and my 4cyl 252hp BMW feels better. I’m also getting better mpgs than I did with my 3.6R Legacy. I also drove my exwife’s 305?hp V6 Camaro and it feels sluggish?? I know all are different cars.

underrating is not uncommon at all from my experience.

Ok. What I’m saying is that those numbers are ridiculously high for a stock 3.6r. It’s probably just a super high reading dyno. If that’s wheel horsepower then that car dynos the same as most STI’s, which is beyond ridiculous.

that's why I asked him for the results of a stock 2015 wrx on the same dyno for comparison. Heck, and STi would work too.... numbers on a dyno mean nothing on their own....

Well after getting my Headliner and Visors upholstered I noticed my Visor lights didnt work..So decided to finally check it out today.. Had to remove the mirror piece from the visor very easy 1 out of 5 difficulty rating. You need star tips or a small allen wrench.. Their are 3 screws behind each light lens.. Well come to find out The upholstery shop had a small piece of suede covering the metal contacts.. So a quick tuck of material and lights are working.. [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Make the headliner black with Alcantra or black material. Somehow do the parts as well.

I had a upholstery shop do it, but I removed all the pieces.. Suede and Alacantra have the same UV Rating..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk