LegacyGT.com

Dead Battery Trunk Access

Turn the key and physically lift on the lid.

No.

Then give it a couple of wacks while %#%^*& and the key is turned.

Isn't there bracing to prevent you from getting into the trunk once past the seats?

I really hate that you can't fold the seats down from the cabin. My previous two vehicles could both do it.

Then how would you be able to secure anything in your car. The trunk key access works fine provided you maintain it. A little lock lube goes a long way.

Then how would you be able to secure anything in your car. The trunk key access works fine provided you maintain it. A little lock lube goes a long way.

If someone is willing the smash a window to get inside a vehicle, I doubt the seat latch mechanism is much of a hindrance if they want access to the trunk. I don't use my trunk as a safe deposit box anyway.

If someone is willing the smash a window to get inside a vehicle, I doubt the seat latch mechanism is much of a hindrance if they want access to the trunk. I don't use my trunk as a safe deposit box anyway.

It takes about 1 second to smash a window, go to the nearest junkyard and see how long it take you to get into a locked trunk through the seats. Locks are usually all it takes to deter theft, unless you have something valuable and the perp knows it and where it is stowed.

Ok but once in the car after smashing the window why wouldn't you just hit the trunk release? I get that it doesn't work for a dead battery, but if someone wants in the trunk smashing the window is pretty viable.

There is a trunk release lockout in the glovebox, many owners including myself were ignorant of its existence. I doubt a random thief would know about it. But again, most thieves are looking for easy, so a locked door is almost always enough to keep them moving on to the next car. Here in Florida the cops call them handle flippers, because they walk around flipping door handles until one opens.

There is a trunk release lockout in the glovebox, many owners including myself were ignorant of its existence. I doubt a random thief would know about it. But again, most thieves are looking for easy, so a locked door is almost always enough to keep them moving on to the next car. Here in Florida the cops call them handle flippers, because they walk around flipping door handles until one opens.

same basic deal here - we've had a number of folks get their cars "broken into" in the neighborhood but when you ask how much damage they did, the answer is always the car wasn't locked (happened to my neighbor and two different houses across the street)

breaking into most cars sets off an alarm, which attracts attention - if the thief is doing a smash and grab, they usually look to see that there is something worthwhile in the "grab" category first

I've been lucky enough to never have any of my vehicles broken into. I have a Pioneer DEH-80PRS that spent 8 years in my last vehicle and almost two years now in the Legacy along with two amps and a sub. I never even take the faceplate off the stereo.

Why so? But yeah single DIN slots are becoming rarer and rarer and your 80PRS has had a pretty long run and owes you nothing by now.

The HU is becoming more of a command center that can't be replaced in a lot of newer vehicles because it handles too many other functions.

I'm really only using it as a DSP at this point anyway. I don't ever listen to FM/AM or play CDs, and the bluetooth is outdated and low quality. I have an external bluetooth device connected to the AUX IN that does APTX HD and LDAC. Even with the analog->digital->analog conversion steps, it still sounds better than the internal bluetooth.